FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Something wrong in my PC

dude_xyx
I have this problem I'm unable to access to some of my own sites time to time. simply getting a server not found msg in firefox. Reason why I believe this has something to do with my PC is,

* Others can view these sites when I'm unable. both local and other countries.

* I'm using a random IP for my net connection. So its not a IP ban from server. Also checked with server.

Just sometimes these sites loads for me and sometimes don't. Anyone have suggestions or ideas why it happens ?
AftershockVibe
What do you mean by "unable to access"? Server timeouts? What is the error you are getting exactly?
ocalhoun
I had a similar problem once, caused by a standalone network firewall/switch combo.
It would work great at first, but then slowly start blocking random websites for no reason, even though I would configure it to block nothing.
Resetting the firewall (unplug, re-plug) fixed that temporarily, but it could only be permanently fixed by removing it completely.

So, try disconnecting hardware-based firewalls, or temporarily disabling software-based firewalls, and see if that solves the problem.
aningbo
[codeI have this problem I'm unable to access to some of my own sites time to time. simply getting a server not found msg in firefox. Reason why I believe this has something to do with my PC is,

* I'm using a random IP for my net connection. So its not a IP ban from server. Also checked with server.

Just sometimes these sites loads for me and sometimes don't. Anyone have suggestions or ideas why it happens ?[/code]

1. the most probable reason is that your website server is down very frequently. every time, you cannot open your website, try opening using this website: pagewash dot com

2. it might be that you shifted your website to a new IP address (server) and your ISP is taking time to propagate your new domain address

3. get a better server or talk to them regarding your issue.

4. you didn't mention if it opens with other browsers like IE, opera or safari. get a better server.
militarist
it can may cused by virus or you may have internet connection prolem.
try to reinstall you firefox it may solve the problem.
FunDa
dude_xyx wrote:
I have this problem I'm unable to access to some of my own sites time to time. simply getting a server not found msg in firefox. Reason why I believe this has something to do with my PC is,

Just sometimes these sites loads for me and sometimes don't. Anyone have suggestions or ideas why it happens ?

At the time it doesn't load for you, check your website on
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

It may be that your site IS actually down for a minute or less while the server is rebooting or something.

Once you confirm that it is down only for you, try using the comand prompt to Ping your website, and post the results here.

Open
Start>Run
cmd

Command Prompt.
ping yourwebsite.com
the_crystalguy
try to enter on your site with another browser like google chrome.
it is possible that your browser problem loading some of the script from your site.
check out your browser options