FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

which hitchcock movies should I make a point of seeing?

TurtleShell
So, my family is going away for a month and a half, and I am staying at home to work and do little else. Since I have no money, but I DO have a netflix subscription, and I'm a giant nerd, in any spare time I may have, I've decided to watch Alfred Hitchcock movies and STNG. I'm all about the Star Trek and know every episode, but I've only seen two Hitchcock movies ever: Rear Window and (of course) Pyscho.

There are a LOT of Hitchcock movies out there, and I don't want to see every one, but I would like to see his best.

So which movies are his best, and why? This is the list I have compiled of movies I would like to see:

Rebecca
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Shadow of a Doubt
Lifeboat
Spellbound
Rope
Strangers on a Train
Dial M for Murder
Rear Window (again--I liked it a lot!)
The Man Who Knew Too Much (the remake with Jimmy Stewart)
Vertigo
North by Northwest
The Birds

Which ones should I pass on, which ones should I prioritize? What should I add?
SonLight
I would vote for North by Northwest and The Birds. Rear Window was also an excellent film; I'm glad you reminded me of it.
Diablosblizz
If you're into older movies like that then The Birds should be sufficient. Myself, I've seen the movie although I hated it. I like late 80s - present day movies, the movie is just a little too old for me. I had to watch it in a Computer Technology class at school, because of it's camera effects (or something). It's just a weird move. That's my take on it. Smile