FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Democratic Leadership or Republican Leadership?

S3nd K3ys
You decide.

phileplanet
Democratic seems more organized I guess
hkusp45
Republican.

Nanci Pelosi is a raving lunatic, and right now, she and Howard Dean (slightly less raving, but still a lunatic) speak for the party.

BTW: Louisiana is probably the most corrupt state in the US. Of course the state didn't have an emergency plan...all the money is in the politicians' pockets. That state has been led by Democrats for 3 generations, and people wonder why so many folks there were poor.
snjripp
It is too bad that our policital system has been designed to eliminate small political parties. Although they can exist, it is difficult to have a voice that is significant enough on a state or national scale to have another political platyform discussed. Often these parties detract from the parties closest to them, too. All in all, there needs to be more political diversity of ideas and backgounds. It seems that politicians are politicians for life. This is not helpful if we are to stay a dynamic democratic repubic.
coolclay
Doesn't surprise me, look at the rest of the overall democratic states, I have personal experience with 2 of them Maine and New Jersey. In Maine people are leaving by the truckload because of no jobs and expensive/inadequate healthcare, all this caused by a long history of democratic control on almost all levels of the state government. The Peoples Republic of New Jersey, where you get taxed out the butt and they all go to pay for the democrats every little whim. The demmocrats are just out of control, in this next election there will some major changes, I think/hope.
gonzo
Jewel Cubed
Democrats are seemingly better for the economy.

I'm a rep. myself, but I don't know about the economy.

As far a leadership, reps. are much better suited for the job.

But hey, instead of listening to me Rolling Eyes why don't we liten to the left-leaning opinions of the NY times? They're NEVER biased, are they?

For George W. Bush, the race has begun to escape comparisons to Herbert Hoover.

With more than two million jobs having disappeared since Mr. Bush took office in January 2001, he finds himself in danger of becoming the first president since Hoover to oversee a decline in the country's employment. Economists disagree on how much blame, if any, Mr. Bush deserves for the long slump, but even White House aides view the economy as one of the only big threats to his re-election campaign.

Now, a turning point could be approaching. The Labor Department will release its jobs report for June this morning, and some forecasters are predicting that it will mark the beginning of a rebound. An increase in the nation's payrolls — the odds of which are roughly even, Wall Street economists say — would be the first since January…
Scaramanga
gonzo wrote:
<snip>John Kerry picture - haha, funny maybe a year or two ago</snip>

It's like you people can't let things go. It's OVER, your candidate won. God, it's like you people are 3rd graders: "Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah, our guy won and your guy was a big poopie head!" Rolling Eyes

Back to the original pictures. So in the first picture I see a bunch of school buses not moving, trapped underwater, and all around not very useful in that state. Yup, I'd say that sums up the Dems pretty well; they have been a pretty inefficient bunch. Now the second picture shows a bunch of polluting, road-hogging buses, clogging up the roads with their unbelievable girth, generally oblivious to the general pissed-off populace around them, horns honking. Yup, I'd say that also pretty much sounds like the Republicans too. Good job S3nd K3ys! Very Happy
gonzo
Jewel Cubed wrote:
Democrats are seemingly better for the economy…

If by better you mean better at destroying then yes
mschnell
gonzo wrote:
Jewel Cubed wrote:
Democrats are seemingly better for the economy…

If by better you mean better at destroying then yes

If you honestly believe in an extremely unregulated ecconomy with few social programs, then I guess you had better hope you're on the rich side of the polorization. It's already started and still going...
madsencarl
I'm an Aussie, so I don't give a s*** about the government, as long as I get cheap crap. We don't have school buses down here, just normal buses. Plus, we got heaps of trams, suck on that Very Happy
bluedragon
S3nd K3ys wrote:
You decide.

And those buses on the right are off to war!

And they probably don't know where the hell they're going.

Right off the bridge, most likely.
Soulfire
Scaramanga wrote:
gonzo wrote:
<snip>John Kerry picture - haha, funny maybe a year or two ago</snip>

It's like you people can't let things go. It's OVER, your candidate won. God, it's like you people are 3rd graders: "Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah, our guy won and your guy was a big poopie head!" Rolling Eyes

Back to the original pictures. So in the first picture I see a bunch of school buses not moving, trapped underwater, and all around not very useful in that state. Yup, I'd say that sums up the Dems pretty well; they have been a pretty inefficient bunch. Now the second picture shows a bunch of polluting, road-hogging buses, clogging up the roads with their unbelievable girth, generally oblivious to the general pissed-off populace around them, horns honking. Yup, I'd say that also pretty much sounds like the Republicans too. Good job S3nd K3ys! Very Happy

Well, if you thought about it you would realize that those were the people being tansported to safety from Hurricane Katrina. Yes, a terrible thing for Bush to do. Maybe the democrats wouldn't have citicized him so much if he'd let everyone die instead of trying to save them.

*Sighs*

1) All cars pollute, you probably drive one, so you're no better.
2) Road-hogging? They're in their lane.
3) Unbelievable girth eh? Again... they're in their lane.
4) Pissed off? Is that the democrats standing out there being the ones pissed off? Mad that people are being moved to safety. Yep, that sounds like a democrat.
Soulfire
bluedragon wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
You decide.

And those buses on the right are off to war!

And they probably don't know where the hell they're going.

Right off the bridge, most likely.

Yes, they're in Galveston for the war in Iraq. Perhaps you missed the connection between Hurricane Katrina and evacuating to Galveston. Maybe you did see it and this is your pathetic attempt at sarcasm, but I can't tell.

Actually, there's quite a bit of road ahead, and they look to be on the right path.