FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

back ground prbs, help plz

Shadowninja7194
Hey all, alright so here's the problum. I uploaded my website, blah, blah, i type in the url i see it..but no back ground. I have my bg pic in a file right above the index.html where my website script is located.
Iv checked my script, and its right.
So what have i done wrong?
Ghost Rider103
Is your background image named mine.jpg?

If so, your background is loading fine for me. Try a refresh using CTRL + R. If that doesn't work, clear your browsers cache.
SonLight
I noticed a substantial delay before the background picture loaded, during which the site displayed with a plain white background. Depending on browser settings, the site might be displayed before the background is loaded, or only after a long delay when it does get loaded.

One way to reduce the effect of a dramatic change of background is to specify a background color which is reasonably close to the bulk of the background image. In that case the change is less dramatic.
Shadowninja7194
agreed sonlight.

and btw i got the bg to work.

and ya there is lag b4 the bg comes up, i see a white back ground THEN i see my custom bg
Bondings
The background loads quite a while later for me too. I took a look at the image and it's over 1MB. You need a very good internet connection for such a big image to load in less than a second.

I would also advise to set a background color and/or reduce the size of the background image.

By the way, the background image seems pretty nice. Very Happy