FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I am graduating and Will I take Com. Sci?

junaron
In class I am known to be the computer guy and everyone asks me if they have problem in computer. In our school, my highest Computer Subject Grade is 98, just this 4th year. I know some programming languages and quite familiar to it. I am averagely good at math and in physics and I am know how hard to do programming... But now, I am confused. Do I have what it takes to take BS Computer Science? Please help me decide...
Bluedoll
I will offer an opinion. What you do it with it is totally up to you.
In our computer age we have a wealth of information and it is becoming better every day. Search’s for example have become easier to accomplish and you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. If you want information you can get it. One thing you need to do with the information is to develop the skill to sort through it all and find the specifics you are searching for.

If you want to do something in this world and your heart is set on it, you can do it. Even though you might encounter obstacles, if you are determined, and passionate about something you will be able to keep at it. However you really have to want it. It is that simple, that basic.

{if
X=”you really want it”
then
Y=”do it”
else
Y=”results in the alternative choice”}

There may be many considerations of why you want to do a specfic course. Money, job opportunites, cost of education, available time, emotional stability, family relations other interests etc. Determining what you want can be a very complicated choice based on many variables.
McTurtle
I think you should do it because you're interested in it and you appear to have the aptitude. The course will give a good foundation but you should also consider what field you would like to go in rather than enter the tech industry for the sake of tech. Think about what interests you about technology like tech to solve banking problems or pharmaceutical techs or manufacturing techs. That will make you far more applied in your course and far more distinctive as a graduate.
jwellsy
The computer science degree arena is saturated already. The majority of jobs that require a computer science degree barely pay more than minimum wage. I know four secretaries that have computer science degrees.

I think an electrical engineering or a business/marketing degree would be much more useful. You could always minor in computers to compliment some other degree.
Starrfoxx
As long as you meet the prerequisites for the class, you should be fine. If you enjoy what you are doing and the field you wish to study, then go forward with it. Don't let anyone discourage you from something that will make you happy.
Bluedoll
Starrfoxx wrote:
As long as you meet the prerequisites for the class, you should be fine. If you enjoy what you are doing and the field you wish to study, then go forward with it. Don't let anyone discourage you from something that will make you happy.
I don't know if anyone could possibily say that better? I certainly think this kind of thinking is worth a lot!
hunnyhiteshseth
Before offering any solution, I want to ask you what is the exact confusion is your mind?? You have only given one side of picture- why you should take comp sci. but not the other side - i.e. why you are thinking of not taking computer science?