FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Battle for Middle Earth

Qman
Has anyone played the Battle for Middle Earth? It is probably the best RTS game I have ever played in my life.

They are coming out with Battle for Middle Earth 2 in February.

What does everyone think of this game?
toms.cheats
im think the games cool i like how you can recreate battles from the films but i dont like those stupid biuld spots i think you shud be able to biuld anywhere like a game like commander and concer and they should scrap the stupid command point system you should be able to biuld as manyt men as you want
nntien
I used to play many games. But, now, I like Online Games.
Thanks for this information!
nickhaw
i bought it when it first came out and enjoyed the campaign alot but the kind of tactics you can use for all the civs arnt all that flexable thus it gets kinda of repetitive. but the game look really good and i plan on buying 2.
EJK-lifesaving-nederland
Great game, really, but it will never be an online succes... I agree with the building limits and the army limits, they are ridiculous. But as Johan Cruijf said: "Ieder voordeel heb sn nadeel" (every advantage has a disadvantage) Wink
jarcelao
I played this game but didn't really enjoyed it that much. I still prefer the old style balanced gameplay of StarCraft (who doesn't?).

I do love the Lord of the Rings trilogy that is why I bought this game and had a big expectation about it. It's not really a disappointment, it's more like it doesn't have the magic to capture the player's imagination.
caaltt
I agree with a couple of the above posts. The limited building areas and army size diminishes the games potential quite a bit.

Other than that though, I find this game enjoyable, at least for a while until it gets repetative. Because it will get repetative after a little while maybe giving it one play through and then I would think it's appeal is lost.

It looks great, the levels which stick to the story are great, the real voice overs and characters look great.

We'll see how the second version goes but I'm sure it will terrific!
Warchild
No i dont play it. i am dont like computer games but pes4 is really good game.
Varun
i havent played Battle for Middle Earth but i have played War of the Rings that was quite a good game but i would love to play this BfME...i think ill get that and then i can ask you people about the game plan or something
Qman
BFME 2 is supposed to come out in February! I can't wait. I will buy it the day it comes out. They said you are going to be able to build anywhere, command more troops and a bunch of other things.
ForceRun
I just got done with the good guy levels. It is a good game but it really doesn't have too much to it. I think the old StarCraft beats it hands down. The funniest times playing RTS is multiplayer, and Battle for middle earth just doesn't have much appeal in that area. I like the graphics and sound; it is well put to together. I just wish it let you build more, better balanced, and zoom out. I think it is fun for a one time play through.

You'll might like War Craft 3, Star Craft, Rise Of nations, Empire Earth 2, & maybe the Command & Conquer games. Shocked
Tsubakii
I wanted to get it, but never did, sadly. I was wondering if it'd be any good. I really enjoyed LOTR:ROTK for PS2. The Two Towers for PS2 was also great, and in some ways better than Return of The King. Lord of the Rings games are pretty good in general. I plan on getting the next middle earth game.
s43ros
I have it but have not played in a while. To add to the list a few posts above, you may also want to try rome total war, or Star Wars: Empire at war when it comes out
Tsubakii
I have actually played and beaten the first ROME: TOTAL WAR. It is quite a good game actually. Really cool battles. But is that what Battle of Middle Earth is like too?
Nutorious
toms.cheats wrote:
im think the games cool i like how you can recreate battles from the films but i dont like those stupid biuld spots i think you shud be able to biuld anywhere like a game like commander and concer and they should scrap the stupid command point system you should be able to biuld as manyt men as you want

Would be good if you could create as many as you want, i think everyone would like that, but the lag would be unbelivably stupid, but maybe in the future when things advance we will be able to do things like that, Yes i love Lotrbfme, i thought it was a great game, I love these sort of games, always have probably always will Very Happy