FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you could live anywhere in the World?

downntheholler
Where would you live? and why?

I live in Arkansas at this time but have lived in Tn.,Mo.,Ky., and Az.,...I have visited Co. and Ca. and I think I would love to live in Oregon. In or around Salem/Eugene area...so I could make day trips to the coast or mountains...maybe on about 5 acres in a small 580 sq ft home....with a wrap around porch...one glassed in...2 screened in and the front open.
Have some milk goats and chickens...as well as a Veggie garden....a back to the land type of living.

So where would you want to live?
slashnburn99
Vegas - Reason because its Vegas
hersandal
If I could only live anywhere in the world, I'd go for the paradise. Have you seen the movie "the beach"? that is the exact location where I want to live, there's no stress there. Everyday is a holiday, your only problem is for your own food. But I guess that is already provided because there's forest there and ocean. All you have to learn is the technique on how to get those. It is really a nice feeling to live that kind of place.
silverdown
That is a hard one cuz no matter where you go, there will be come pathetic problem that will arrise. I guess..... wouldnt change anything
deanhills
silverdown wrote:
That is a hard one cuz no matter where you go, there will be come pathetic problem that will arrise. I guess..... wouldnt change anything
Very good point. However, change is always good for one. For example a person has to pick up, get rid of all the necessary stuff, clean out, and then start from scratch with getting a job, finding a place to stay at and get to make friends and figure out the territory. Good to do that once in a while so that one can recycle yourself, otherwise a person can easily get into a rut.

I don't think there ever is one absolute right place to be, but there is always a list of good places, so one probably just have to take a calculated risk of the final destination against one's list of priorities.
socceraggie
If I could live anywhere in the world it would be where I live now, Denver, CO. I love living so close to the mountains, the fresh air, the high altitude. The best thing about Denver is the attitude of most people who live here. The average person here loves outside activities and health fitness.
hersandal
Yeah it's pretty cool as well to live near on the mountain. the cool feeling when you're up there. Good equipment for climbing and the love for the nature.
guggs
Tring, Hertfordshire, UK. It's incredibly awesome.
michel_maia
I live in Brazil - So Paulo..

its dificult to say when you do not travel around the world or watching TV, but i like Brazil,here its much diferent than show in TV.
Here is a good place to live excepted of politicians, but its a good place.

I wanna visit the USA and one day, i can have this experience of live in USA.

Smile
Bye
PureReborn
Japan because I love the culture there and I want to learn the language. Also it's close to China so I can do quick visits on long weekends.
tamilparks
KANYAKUMARI, i like the place very much.
inuyasha
I'd like to live in Osaka, Japan Very Happy As is known to all, earthquakes and tsunami always attack Japan, but there's also beautiful flowers, for example, Sakura. Besides,I love Japanese food and animation films Very Happy The pronunciation of Japanese Language is fascinating as well. This language is half Hieroglyphics Very Happy I can find no other language like this. Osaka is located in Cansai, which is considered the most traditional place, where I can learn many about Japanese culture. It's a pity that Japan rarely allows imigration Sad
adrianagg58
I would live in Minnesota-USA. Laughing
nigam
i would love to live in this world that has no problems, abundant of water and food supplies, away from pollutions and politics and no crimes at all...
socceraggie
nigam wrote:
i would love to live in this world that has no problems, abundant of water and food supplies, away from pollutions and politics and no crimes at all...

So you would want to live if candy land? Good luck with that! Smile
rogue_skydragon
LONDON

I've lived there once while studying abroad, and I couldn't help but fall in love with the city. The lifestyle there, especially in the middle of the city, is fast-paced, urban, yet charming all at once. It isn't everyone's cup of tea (excuse the pun) thanks to the solemn weather and the dreary faces of businessmen on the street, but the traditions, culture and atmosphere are things that simply made me happy.

It's the crossroads of the world, and an amazing city.
watersoul
rogue_skydragon wrote:
LONDON

I've lived there once while studying abroad, and I couldn't help but fall in love with the city. The lifestyle there, especially in the middle of the city, is fast-paced, urban, yet charming all at once. It isn't everyone's cup of tea (excuse the pun) thanks to the solemn weather and the dreary faces of businessmen on the street, but the traditions, culture and atmosphere are things that simply made me happy.

It's the crossroads of the world, and an amazing city.

...but when you scratch the surface of it you realise it's mostly just a dirty overpopulated hole that has slightly better marketing behind it than some other cities.
adri
Scandinavia seems good to me (especially Sweden).

Adri
hersandal
How about Japan? I like to live there also... as a matter of fact that's one of my wannabe Nationality a japanese, hot japanesa and cool weather.
R-Alalia
If i would to live anywhere in the world than i wll gonna live in France because its a beautiful country and i am always planning to shifted there.Ingrown hair
daredninja
It would have to be an island for me.. Somewhere in the Caribbean probably.. I'd love to just be a beach bum and live a stress free life in a shack and not have to worry about material things!
macky
Paris... the city where lovers are alive... hehehe
standready
Almost any place but where I am now. In need of a change.
a1webshopping
Anywhere but here (Ottawa , Canada). Snowing, blowing and COLD. Yuck!

Bahamas anyone?
naweed
mauritius because of its culture and of the beach
lovescience
I like to move to a place because of its weather and without nature disaster. When it is too cold in one place of the globe, I would like to move to a place where is warmer. When it is too hot in one place, I would move to a place that is cooler. I also like to live in a place there has less pollution and friendly people.
deanhills
lovescience wrote:
I like to move to a place because of its weather and without nature disaster. When it is too cold in one place of the globe, I would like to move to a place where is warmer. When it is too hot in one place, I would move to a place that is cooler. I also like to live in a place there has less pollution and friendly people.
That sounds almost like my friends in Canada whose parents stay in Canada during the summer and move to Florida for the winter.
syj824
honolulu,just a island
jwellsy
I used to think Whistler BC would be the ultimate place to live. Now, I think it would be the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe. I appreciate world class skiing, world class views, world class ski villages and entertainment.
Cheeldash
I'd like to try Finland because since i've never been there what i know about Finland is what i get from reading about it.
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
I used to think Whistler BC would be the ultimate place to live. Now, I think it would be the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe. I appreciate world class skiing, world class views, world class ski villages and entertainment.
Whistler is great all year round. What do they do at the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe? Very Happy
silverdown
I would wanna live somewhere out in the middle of no wear when i can think, all these city sirens and stuff is crazy! and another thing i see more car accidents in my city in the summer then in the winter... I dont get it! Shocked
tech
in a warm country for example somewhere in South Amerika
of course it schould be safe too.
Insanity
I would want to live in California. I hear the weather is amazing there.
tomisme
Me too. Count me in for California. Very Happy
drummer
I would love to live on Europe
Any place there.... Like France, England, Germany
Paria, London... It's a dream for me!
Frankfurt on Germany, it sound great ;D
GoldenEagle
I am thinking about visiting Canada. I've never been out of the US, but Canada seems close enough (both culturally and geographically) to allow me to ease into the foreign thing.
godbandos
Norway - Cause it was voted the #1 place to stay in the world.
sark
Japan and USA are, for me, the best countries of the world. But I live in africa, and it's beautiful here. But I want to view new worlds, and I can visit all countries you propose to me.

(Sorry for my bad english.)
chatrack
My first preferance would be WONDERS OF WORLD. I like to see Google Hq
Sw4k1ll4r
Galapgos islands! Cool islands, check them out.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+galapgos+islands
deanhills
Sw4k1ll4r wrote:
Galapgos islands! Cool islands, check them out.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+galapgos+islands
Right, but as far as I know you can only visit them by day. You can't live on them, or am I wrong here?
Question
portoskt
my choice would be Prague - Czech. i have fall in love with that city first time i visit, and since then i was there for about 7 or 8 times, every time for a week. it is absolutely amazing, and i like prague citizens and their spirit too.
friho
i think i would choice Hawaii, because i was told that's beautiful and it is my dream for a long time .