FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

People who don't do something and incessantly flaunt it

guissmo
So I know of some people who don't drink and consistently announce the fact that they don't drink during birthdays and stuff. For me, it's kind of annoying how some people tend to use this as a way to say "I don't drink. I'm better than you." or something along the lines of "I'm more disciplined than you."

Most of these people don't realize it's annoying. What's your take on these types of people?
Afaceinthematrix
guissmo wrote:
So I know of some people who don't drink and consistently announce the fact that they don't drink during birthdays and stuff. For me, it's kind of annoying how some people tend to use this as a way to say "I don't drink. I'm better than you." or something along the lines of "I'm more disciplined than you."

Most of these people don't realize it's annoying. What's your take on these types of people?

They essentially are just trying to flaunt the fact that they're superior to you and/or more disciplined. You're right on there... Unless, of course, the conversation calls for it. It's appropriate for them to say that if offered a drink or asked a question regarding them and alcohol (i.e. what's your favorite brand of beer?). However, it's really not a big deal. They could do other things like brag about possessions and/or skills that they may not even have.

To those people, I usually just, "To each his own. By the way I'm calling you next time I'm wasted and need a ride." It's good to have friends that don't drink... designated drivers at parties...

P.S. What does this have to do with relationships? Are you inquiring about your relationship with these kinds of people? This would seem more appropriate for the general forum, but whatever... I don't care. I was just mentioning it because I didn't know if the mods might give you a hard time for posting in the wrong section (but they probably won't because they're pretty lienent on this site)...