FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone know a software to create a great illustration/comics

microsnitch
Anyone know a software to create a great illustration/comics beside gimp, or photoshop. I liked photoshop but it's not free. I tried gimp but the 2 toolbars are annoying and overlap the screen when I'm editing my graphics. Any suggestions?
dude_xyx
There are software like Manga Studio but none of them are free.
catscratches
microsnitch wrote:
I liked photoshop but it's not free. I tried gimp but the 2 toolbars are annoying and overlap the screen when I'm editing my graphics.
Change the Window behavior in the settings. I don't know why they changed the default, the new one's horrendous.
agustin
adobe illustrator?
dude_xyx
agustin wrote:
adobe illustrator?

Great for logos and text but not for comics.
PureReborn
I'd say go with GIMP. It does take a bit getting use to (the interface isn't the most intuitive or prettiest) But it does match Photoshop in ability.
Ghost Rider103
Flash is used very commonly to create 2D animations and characters. So I'd assume it would also be very good for comics.

But of course it isn't free. But you aren't really going to find anything for free that competes to, for example; Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Flash.

But I do know "Pencil" is a free 2D program.

If you want something more similar to Photoshop that's free, other than GIMP, try PAINT. I think the link is www.getpaint.net I used it waaaaay back when I first started learning design and didn't have the cash to buy Photoshop.

You might want to do a Google search. I don't know much about comics.
dude_xyx
Latest Flash versions do both 2D and 3D ( average ) Animations but its not good for comic strips. There are software specially for comics and I don't think there are free ones. Try the Manga studio trial version. you can buy a bit of old version for around $20.
Radar
I'd suggest Apple's Comic Life, but it's probably not what you're after, is it?
dude_xyx
Radar wrote:
I'd suggest Apple's Comic Life, but it's probably not what you're after, is it?

It came be used in Windows PC's too ?
rayxzero
I think manga studio is the one you want if you really like a fast comis illustrator but it is not free.
dude_xyx
rayxzero wrote:
I think manga studio is the one you want if you really like a fast comis illustrator but it is not free.

Yeah I haven't found a single free one for comics and Manga. there are many 2D and 3D Animation software but not for comics.
gh0strec0n_legit
If you're still looking here is a site I found. http://www.comiclife.com/
Gitesh
I used to use DAZ studio to create comics,Its available free of cost,
If you are using regular characters in every comic strip then this is best as you can create few models and use them again and again.
Once you create a scene and place your models as you want them, just render the picture and open it in Photoshop to add Comic balloons and various effects to the picture, I searched a lot for this and found DAZ the one and only free option to pursuit my hobby of Comic Making.
Here is a tutorial for the same.,
hope you find this helpful..
http://www.comictools.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33:how-to-create-a-3d-comic-for-free&catid=2:tutorials&Itemid=38
barma
Try ARTRAGE.
Gregoric
ArtRage Studio (I think there is some free old version) or commercial Adobe Illustrator. Those are only ones that worked fine with by drawing tablet so they are the only ones that I could recommend you.