FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Use gmail space & features for any email addr

Sunny
I wanted to use my email addresses for eg. sunny@frihost.net or sunny@parkeddomain.com With Gmail's Huge Space, Nice features and better Spam Guard. After little research and experiment I found its Very much possible and works great. I can send emails with addresses like sunny@frihost.net from gmail Inbox and can recieve the reply in my Gmail Inbox.

Here's how its done. Lets say for example I want to use test@sunny.frihost.net and my gmail id is myid@gmail.com

1) Login to your Gmail Account

2) Click Settings on top and then Accounts

3) Click "add another email address"

4) New popup will appear..Here you can give the email address (for eg. test@sunny.frihost.net in this case) you want to use and click Next Step. Then click send verification.A verification email will be send by Gmail to you with activation link. Activate your account from your email address (test@sunny.frihost.net)

5) Once its activated go back to Settings >> Accounts and make your new email adress(test@sunnyfrihost.net) as Default.

6) Login to CPanel and Click Mail > on next page click Forwarders

7) Click Add forwarders

Cool Add the new forwarder in this fashion, On left side choose the email address you want to use and on right side your gmail email addess.

You Are Set!!

Now all Email send to your email id will be forwarded to your gmail account. and When you will click Compose or reply in gmail you will get option to send it as your email address. (look where it says against "from" in below ss)

Very Happy
ldnet
this is very usefull for some people, i jsut figured this out like a while ago and now u posted it which is great, if i forget ill come here and do it lol thx alot man.
Alienz
I using Gmail and never know there is this feature. Cool, thank for telling us Smile
nilsmo
This is beneficial for Google and for the customer! This is great! Very Happy
threezeroone
Thats one of the things the makes CPANEL useful because there are lots of options available. Smile
n0obie4life
I made the guide first !!
threezeroone
which guide??
windval
it is useful
thx for sharing
Sunny
Thats one
Quote:
of the things the makes CPANEL useful because there are lots of options available

I'd give more credit to gmail then Cpanel Smile

Quote:

Sorry buddy I did search the forum before posting and found nothing on these lines.
silvermesh
gmail has tons of features that nobody thinks to use. I still rather use outlook. Wink
jveezy
I believe you can use Outlook with Gmail. Just peruse the help files and they'll tell you how to set it up. I currently use Gmail with Mozilla Thunderbird.
OnlyOneLife
nice, nice feature, Same as other people, I never knew about this before, thx for telling us. Laughing
silentpark
i think they should think about the mail spider (grab mails from other accounts/isp's) and then about an account alias...
its a nice feature of course... but i think gmail is also missing some features which are kind of standard...
a calender, or a simple notification for 'dates'... well maybe they can add something new like a feature to send a message at an special time... lets say... 6 pm the next day.. Razz

gmail dont want to copie the other isp's but i think they should add the features that a requiered for a small communication environment...

thats my point about gmail and its actually features... well we'll see...
gonzo
[removed by n0obie4life]

- Add it back and you'll see what happens.
kuad
Cool, makes it much easier to manage multiple email accounts
Sunny
Not going to argue with you this time..Sadly you keep provoking me though..

[quote from gonzo removed by n0obie4life]
n0obie4life
gonzo, I'd suggest you stop that.

I/We don't care if you think gmail is creepy or what.

Its a matter of how you think of GOOGLE or the GMAIL service is.
budazz
n0obie4life wrote:

yeah he is the one because i ask that question lol...

well any way cool tuts. Cool
budazz
silvermesh wrote:
gmail has tons of features that nobody thinks to use. I still rather use outlook. Wink

thats why we need to explore it.. Cool
woodruffs
gmail owns!
Dragonfly
Very useful. I don't need to login to so many email inboxes... Thanks for the guide. I thought something like should be possible but I never attempt to achieve one but kept checking all the cpanel emails all these years.
ashok
silvermesh wrote:

yeah these days companies are looking at inventing rather than innovations. how many use the browser in their cell to browse net? how many use the wireless modem of a cell to connect to net? how many r harnessing completely the power of pdas? this gmail's one more xample. companies are inventing more and more features, but leaving the users in confused state resolving them to use the features they know instead of xploring the newly developed ones.
dxhunter
Thank you For new Information for me Wink
dan751
Gmail puts Hotmail and Yahoo to serious shame. By the way, thanks sunny for the info.Very Happy
Sunny
Quote:
Gmail puts Hotmail and Yahoo to serious shame.

So true. Yahoo was giving 6mb space and when Gmail was introduced it starting giving 250 and now 1GB. It also goes to show just what 1 fish can do to others. Heck I had account with indiatimes.com they were giving 4mb and now "infinte inbox". This is indeed gmail's effect.

Whats more pleasing is Gmail is still trying to improve andd features. Not sleeping like hotmail. Today I noticed they added "Auto save feature".Cool!

Quote:
yeah he is the one because i ask that question lol...

well any way cool tuts

Sir if you are reffering to this post http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11294&start=18
then mine was posted before it and I consider them 2 different things anyway Wink
kuad
Thanks for this info. I just discovered Gmail's "send from another address" feature as well. What will they think of next?
dan751
kuad wrote:
Thanks for this info. I just discovered Gmail's "send from another address" feature as well. What will they think of next?

Perhaps fetching of email from other email addresses?, WAP email access (well, they have that already for blackberries)? Who knows.
TimsJugling
jveezy wrote:
I believe you can use Outlook with Gmail. Just peruse the help files and they'll tell you how to set it up. I currently use Gmail with Mozilla Thunderbird.

I dont think you can. About 6 months ago outlook express desided to make it so no one could use free email's with them (outlook express)
It sucks but im affraid its true. anyone wana quote me on that? lol
Sunny
Quote:
I dont think you can. About 6 months ago outlook express desided to make it so no one could use free email's with them (outlook express)
It sucks but im affraid its true. anyone wana quote me on that? lol

Whatttttttt? Wake up man!!!

1)You can use outlook express with gmail account!. (unlike yahoo or hotmail) This feature is available from long long time, although you need to go to settings and enable the pop3 acess for your account

2)Outlook express has nothing to do with free or paid email account. If your email provider gives you POP3 Acess then you can use any email client to conect it including outlook.
etan
mail to etanXing+im286[AT]Gmail.com, you will get a gmail for free:D
shwetanshu
nice thanx
orno
1. Nice tute Smile
2. Shouldn't this be in the Tutorial Section? If another mod or sunny agrees, PM me or change it yourself Smile
af169
my gmail is af169com@gmail.com
Daniel15
Quote:
Shouldn't this be in the Tutorial Section? If another mod or sunny agrees, PM me or change it yourself Smile

Agreed. Topic moved to tutorial section Very Happy