FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Could you tell me why?

Zsupermassive
Hello everyone,

I've had to register a new account for the 2nd time in the last week because seemingly my former account was deleted or something. I'm an old user of frihost who had to give up the forums because although I was given a webspace, the cpanel for me never worked. Thus I had to quit my account here. This was a couple of years ago. However, last week I registered with the username Supermassive and wrote some quality posts and requested for my webhosting account. The next day, rather then just being notified that my request was rejected, I just couldn't log on to my account. It said wrong password and when I tried the "forgot my password" option, it said that username is not specified with the email you're giving. And then when I tried registering a new account on the same email address, I realized that perhaps my account on this ID was really deleted.
Fine, if you didn't want to allow me some webhosting space, I think it would've been really nice if you had simply notified me with an explanation. For all this time I tried logging in from so many different computers and waited supposing Frihost was perhaps undergoing some changes or something.

Could the moderators here firstly tell me why I was rejected?
And that does that mean that I shouldn't request for a webhosting account now since I got rejected last time? It could be, I started supposing, that Frihost is hosting so many sites now, they don't want to reserve any more space for the useless inactive blogs coming up these days.

But If this isn't the reason, should I perhaps try again? I'll be really delighted. Because I really want to make a website for myself about sociology and I've been on the lookout for a good webhosting site.

Thank you. And please I'd suggest notifying your users with reasons as to why you deactivate their accounts without warning so there are no bad feelings in the heart.
Zsupermassive
Also I noticed that all my posts by the former 'Supermassive' account are not to be found. All the topics that I posted on, when I follow them now, they are not there. Confused
Zsupermassive
Could someone please look at this topic?
mOrpheuS
Zsupermassive wrote:
However, last week I registered with the username Supermassive and wrote some quality posts and requested for my webhosting account. The next day, rather then just being notified that my request was rejected, I just couldn't log on to my account. It said wrong password and when I tried the "forgot my password" option, it said that username is not specified with the email you're giving. And then when I tried registering a new account on the same email address, I realized that perhaps my account on this ID was really deleted.
Fine, if you didn't want to allow me some webhosting space, I think it would've been really nice if you had simply notified me with an explanation. For all this time I tried logging in from so many different computers and waited supposing Frihost was perhaps undergoing some changes or something.

Could the moderators here firstly tell me why I was rejected?
And that does that mean that I shouldn't request for a webhosting account now since I got rejected last time? It could be, I started supposing, that Frihost is hosting so many sites now, they don't want to reserve any more space for the useless inactive blogs coming up these days.

But If this isn't the reason, should I perhaps try again? I'll be really delighted. Because I really want to make a website for myself about sociology and I've been on the lookout for a good webhosting site.

Thank you. And please I'd suggest notifying your users with reasons as to why you deactivate their accounts without warning so there are no bad feelings in the heart.

You were not "rejected" - we lost a couple of days' worth of forum data (including user registrations, posts and hosting applications) sometime around last week, due to server migration issues.
And trust me, we are not very pleased about that either.

Please feel free to apply for hosting again.

Zsupermassive wrote:
I've had to register a new account for the 2nd time in the last week because seemingly my former account was deleted or something. I'm an old user of frihost who had to give up the forums because although I was given a webspace, the cpanel for me never worked. Thus I had to quit my account here. This was a couple of years ago.

We do not delete any user accounts from the forum.
What was your old username ?
Perhaps you would like to use that one instead.

What problem did you have with cPanel ? If you had posted about it in the support section, we would have worked with you to resolve it.
Again, we do not delete any posts, so we should be able to dig up your old support thread - if we knew your old account name.
Zsupermassive
Thanks mOrpheuS for replying. My old username was Babsta a couple of years ago and the username I registered with last month was Supermassive. On the same email ID, I registered this current one and while registering, it didn't say this email addy was already in use or something. Anyway, I'm fine with it.

Alright then, I'll go ahead apply for hosting now. Smile
ocalhoun
Zsupermassive wrote:
the username I registered with last month was Supermassive.

*the lurker comes out of hiding*
On a completely unrelated note, I'd like to find out if a huge coincidence just happened...
You wouldn't happen to play ROE on facebook, would you? I recognize the username from there.
Zsupermassive
ROE? What's that? =$
Bondings
I'm sorry about the problems Zsupermassive. It is like mOrpheuS mentioned, we lost quite some posts/data due to server problems. Anyway, I created your account now. Very Happy
Zsupermassive
Thanks alot Bondings. =) I shall start making a site now! woohoo.