FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do many people have sites using frihost hosting

Is your site (or several sites) hosted on FriHost?
Yes. My site/s is/are hosted here.
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
No. I don't host my site/s here.
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
I host some of my sites here.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

truespeed
I ask because i still have an account on frih.net (Which i don't use for anything other than test purposes) ,and with all the server moves backwards and forwards the site has been online and offline to varying degrees. (Currently it is offline and has been for about 2 days).

My point is, why isn't there a flood of people on the forums complaining about their sites being down,i know the odd few have but not many,so do many people actually use their frihost hosting for their websites any more?
ocalhoun
truespeed wrote:

My point is, why isn't there a flood of people on the forums complaining about their sites being down,i know the odd few have but not many,so do many people actually use their frihost hosting for their websites any more?

I actively use mine... but the reasons for it have been clearly posted, so I'm just patiently waiting for it to work again.
adri
Because I'm on Server 1. Cool I use my hosting for testing purposes too (a forum, WPMU, textpattern and a lot of templates).

Adri
Magicman
I unfortunately don't have time right now to actively develop my website so I rarely check it anymore. When I do have time to develop it finally, the site will be used as an actual site and not just a test.
Usually when my site is down, I check the forums and see if Bondings has posted an explanation. Most of the time he has and I assume that most other users do the same. I think most people are by now aware of the server changes which are causing the downtimes. Besides, except for recently, the uptime of my site has been great.
BigGeek
I'm being pretty patient too, I was a total dumba*# and forgot about the server move this weekend and 2 pages and 3 posts on my wordpress site are gone from it. I too am only using frihost as a test platform to get a working blog running and set up to make money. I had the space for over a year, and just started using it over the last month for learning and test purposes. From what I understand is they have been reliable up until this point, and with the new equipment they should be more so. I guilty too, of not having posted much about the down time, I figure I'm paying nothing so I really don't have the right to complain. I guess all any of us can do is wait it out, and keep going when we can Wink
Crinoid
Mine is on server 2 also, but no problems.
silverdown
Mine was also on Server 2 when i was given hosting services, I just haven't had a problem and if I did have a problem the answer was either said or the fix was in progress.
tchaunt
I was actually going to use my site for an eCommerce site a while back, but I just decided to focus on getting better at programming, and not worrying about the site at all. Right now, I make a decent amount of money form the scripts I test on my site.
jabce85
YEEEES... just struggling to keep it alive at the moment.. I've been really busy lately and haven't had much time to post.
Vrythramax
With all due respect...considering Frihost offers Ad Free FREE Web Hosting...you should ALL be very patient while the powers that be fix things so that they can continue to host your sites for FREE. Smile
ForceRun
Still use it for web hosting here.
Donutey
Server 1 FTW Cool

I host one site at FriHost, though it's moving to a VPS pretty soon.
Shadowninja7194
well..im new to place so i have no idea whats been going on:D

-dont troll me..
wellerchap
Vrythramax wrote:
With all due respect...considering Frihost offers Ad Free FREE Web Hosting...you should ALL be very patient while the powers that be fix things so that they can continue to host your sites for FREE. Smile

I agree fully..."never look a gift horse in the mouth" should be our motto on here.
OK, so the few people who use my sites regularly can't do so for a day or two, but the other 350+ days per year when things are fine make it all worthwhile.
Xanify
Server 3 baby! Cool

Plus, yeah, can't complain when it's free and they're upfront about downtime.
speeDemon
once my domain name expired, i stopped using the actual website, but i do test with the frih.net address a lot......
Helios
wellerchap wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

I agree fully..."never look a gift horse in the mouth" should be our motto on here.
OK, so the few people who use my sites regularly can't do so for a day or two, but the other 350+ days per year when things are fine make it all worthwhile.

I'd also like to add that I'm sure it's no excuse for Bondings not to worry about the functionality of the hosting. He does that still even though the service is provided for free Smile
Just saying.
standready
I used my hosting. I understood there was going to be down time during server changeover because Sir Bondings had posted as such in advance. I greatly appreciate this hosting. I also have backup hosting as well for just such times. Just a simple page stating we are experiencing difficulties and please check back soon.
paskifire
as of now, I don't experience any problem.
jigoku05
never had a problem with frihost from the day I registered.
Arty
^ (above post) Me neither. Frihost is a great host. Very Happy
Been using it for over 3 years without any major problems. ^^
imagefree
i do
Ghost900
I host a few of my websites on Frihost and am fine with the up time. I don't post complaint because they don't really help and i almost always find my site online and have no reason to complain.

If I had a business website I may open it on a professional host but for what I am doing I don't need eBay uptime. Smile
ankitdatashn
Going fine with me, no problems...
airh3ad
All my websites are hosted by frihost and thankful to a good hosting. I understood there was going to be down time during server buts its okey with me i have been 5 years in this hosting nothing compares.
Captain Fertile
I used the free hosting as a perk of being a member of Frihost but I did find it to be rather less than reliable. I dodn't post on here for hosting anyway and just used it for a Captain Fertile mini-site for a bit of fun. Obviously I have no idea what the performance is like now but it was pretty poor in thwe past. But hey, it was free.
mattyj
Vrythramax wrote:

I respect this, but the down time became to much for me and have paid for hosting which is why i dont post as much on here anymore
coolclay
Really you folks have problems with reliability? I have been with frihost for about 5 years and have had extremely small problems/downtime. Maybe server 1 is more reliable, I don't know?
soljarag
I have been using frihost to host my portfolio site for 2 years... no problems what so ever
Bikerman
I use it for my new science site which isn't mission critical to anything and I'm just grateful for the free hosting.
Look - if you want to host a commercially important site then you wouldn't (or shouldn't) expect that to be free. If you want a good site for a homepage, club page or interest-group site then i think Frih does very nicely.
ProfessorY91
Arty wrote:

I'll throw a vote in here. I've never had a single problem with it. Maybe there were some days where a random server was down. Big whoop. I didn't notice.

Thanks Frihost.
deanhills
ProfessorY91 wrote:
Arty wrote:

I'll throw a vote in here. I've never had a single problem with it. Maybe there were some days where a random server was down. Big whoop. I didn't notice.

Thanks Frihost.
Same here. I also found that even when the Forums were down, my Website was still working fine.
TurtleShell
I use my webhosting, but I haven't done anything with it actively in quite a while. I plan to do some more work with it this summer, but I'm a busy girl. Want to set up a web gallery of artwork, maybe some others. At any rate, I would never, ever complain about the hosting. I have noticed little issues from time to time, but if it became a real problem for me, I guess I'd just have to switch over to paid hosting. But I won't ever do that unless I start to rely on my website financially, and I don't at this time.

I like my gift horse, very, very much. I have posted positive reviews of frihost places and I tell people about it. I recommend it to friends. I'm not looking it in the mouth.
carlospro7
I'm hosted also, but it is out of date and I haven't had time to keep posting. Now that it's summer, I hope to be able to post regularly.
molumania
So beside Boardoo (post and ad free, but sucks) and Fihost (posts), does anyone know a Directadmin (with Installaron) hosting firm that is relatively cheap or free. I also just found HostPC which is very cheap and has loads of great feedback
sonam
Vrythramax wrote:

Right. This is free hosting and I don't care if is few times are down. My site is here about 5 years. Last week I was start to rebuild this old one. I will buy hosting and domain but I will keep mirror on Frihost, too.