FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Code Blocks & GTK+

riyadh
i use MinGW compiler with codeblocks...i downloaded GTK+ a few days ago to build GTK+ apps but the compiler can't find the required files when i try to create a new GTK+ project.i put all the files in the correct folders (i hope) and i gave the path in the wizard bt it says it cant find the gtk.h file!!! help me
SonLight
Can you find the gtk.h file anywhere on your computer? I am assuming it's supposed to be a system file and referenced by #include <gtk.h>. If you can't figure out where it's supposed to be, you could copy it into the folder with your project, and change the line to #include "gtk.h".

It is possible the problem is due to using forward slash (Unix style) in file paths instead of back slash (windows style).

If you can post some of the error messages and directory layout information, someone might be able to give you more specific help.
harismushtaq
Not a linux guy but I have used codeblocks with GTK for some time in the past. As far as I remember, you have to set path for include files and libraries in codeblocks in a similar way as you have to do in Visual Studio. Once it is in the path, you can access all the source files and samples built on GTK will work fine.