FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ice skating

Slammer
is anyone around here into ice skating? figure or hockey, or just for the sheer fun of it?.

I am, got my own hockey skates few months ago, much funness Smile
mexi
Did it the odd time as a kid it was fun back then but im too lazy these days..lol
i prefere paintballing
ldnet
ice skateing? NEVER i tryed it when i was in gr 6 lol and dont like it never got to learn it lol first time dotn knwo how to stop so i kept hitting the wall. i jsut dont like it lol
seanooi
I used to have hockey skates, but unfortunately i out-grew them. Maybe this winter I'll go get another pair, and hope that this will last as long as it can. Laughing
myrevolt
haha, i tried it a few times, but...*slip. head first into ice* yeah. it MAY have something to do with the problem i have roller blading Wink haha. well i kinda used to be able to, but then 2 summers ago, I was invited to go to roller skating at rink; needless to say i fell on my rear end several times Embarassed
jongoldsz
I hate ice skating because the first time I tried it I kept falling flat against my face and I couldn't get up. Embarassed
DarkYuke
I've tried Ice Skating. Took me 2 damned hours just to skate without holding the wall. Yet, I still skate next to the wall cause im a coward and I don't like the look of those people who skate in the middle really fast.
Nameless
Nah, I've never been ice-skating. Well, I did once, but it was too cold and hard, so I just stuck to roller-skating. I haven't really done much of either lately though.
Slammer
i was there again on sunday. Fell for the first time in months Rolling Eyes Sad suucked, ive busted up both my knees now and my wrists are sore too. Was practising my cross overs and my left skate slide under me ( it was really busy so it was getting slippy near the end) n i landed on my knees full force n then slid into the wall. Oh the joy Embarassed kinda knocked my confidence a bit, but later on one of the local hockey players started giving me some tips n showing me how to do some new stuff. Smile
silvermesh
haven't done it in years... maybe this winter I'll have to get me and the misses some skates.
criticaldensity
i love ice skating outdoors. Theres an decent sized pond near my house thats in a secluded section of woods. Its a perfect setting, with tall trees surrounding it. So every Christmas, I go to it and skate. One year it was lightly snowing. GOD, it was awesome. So still, quiet and perfect. I was the only one out there. It truly was a scene out of a movie or postcard. And ive never seen anyone else there in all my years going there. Ill take pics this year.