FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Miss Beverly Hills Thinks God Wants Gays "Put to Death&

handfleisch
More lovely opinions from lovely beauty pageant winners in lovely California.

Quote:
NEW YORK (CBS) As the California courts decide the legality of gay marriage, Miss Beverly Hills Lauren Ashley has thrown her tiara into the ring and believes that God thinks gay men should be "put to death."

"The Bible says that marriage is between a man and a woman," Ashley told FOX News. "In Leviticus it says, 'If man lies with mankind as he would lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death and their blood shall be upon them.' The Bible is pretty black and white."

Ashley's comments surface just months after former Miss California Carrie Prejean settled dueling lawsuits with state beauty pageant organizers amid her high-profile stand against gay marriage.

And like Prejean, Ashely stands by her words.

"I feel like God himself created mankind and he loves everyone, and he has the best for everyone," Ashley said to FOX News. "If he says that having sex with someone of your same gender is going to bring death upon you, that's a pretty stern warning, and he knows more than we do about life."

Ashley will be representing Beverly Hills in the Miss California pageant in November.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/23/crimesider/entry6235745.shtml
ocalhoun
You do realize that beauty pageant participants are not selected based on intelligence, right?
handfleisch
ocalhoun wrote:
You do realize that beauty pageant participants are not selected based on intelligence, right?

It doesn't take intelligence to be a decent person, and many intelligent people (and people who believe they're smart) are horrible people
coolclay
Well I wouldn't necessarily call her a horrible person. She doesn't say she thinks they should die, she just says that is what she thinks the bible says.
ocalhoun
handfleisch wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

It doesn't take intelligence to be a decent person, and many intelligent people (and people who believe they're smart) are horrible people

Being a 'decent person' isn't the selection criteria either...
handfleisch
ocalhoun wrote:
handfleisch wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Actually, it is. Good moral character is one of the criteria.
deanhills
handfleisch wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
handfleisch wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Actually, it is. Good moral character is one of the criteria.
So what in your opinion would the moral character of Miss California be?
c'tair
It doesn't serve too well to express homophobic tendencies in a country all about equality. Unless we're talking about the US and it's conservative population.

Sure, everyone is entitled to opinions, in my opinion what homosexuals are doing is really disgusting but it's not my business. That's it. It's just not my business to infringe on people's sexual lives, I don't care if they're putting it in the bum, in trees, cars or are doing it under water. It's their life. As long as they don't hurt anyone, because rape, in any case, is unforgivable. When both parties consent? It's their pleasure, their life!