FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CPAC

handfleisch
No one has mentioned the Conservative Political Action Conference going on. Of course it's such an appalling embarrassment (keynote speaker was the certifiable Glenn Beck and it's cosponsored by the ultraconservative John Birch Society), what is there to do but laugh at it.

Here's a link to a good skit focusing on Beck's keynote speech (where he says he educated himself in the history of evils of publicly funded "progressivism" by going to the public library, apparently unaware that the public library is exactly what he is attacking. Then there is a report from the alternate universe that would exist is progressive ideals had never succeeded so well in the USA.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-february-22-2010/rage-within-the-machine---progressivism
jmi256
handfleisch wrote:
No one has mentioned the Conservative Political Action Conference going on. Of course it's such an appalling embarrassment (keynote speaker was the certifiable Glenn Beck and it's cosponsored by the ultraconservative John Birch Society), what is there to do but laugh at it.

Here's a link to a good skit focusing on Beck's keynote speech (where he says he educated himself in the history of evils of publicly funded "progressivism" by going to the public library, apparently unaware that the public library is exactly what he is attacking. Then there is a report from the alternate universe that would exist is progressive ideals had never succeeded so well in the USA.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-february-22-2010/rage-within-the-machine---progressivism

Funny skit. But you do realize that the Daily Show is a comedy show and isn't real news right? I like a good laugh as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't confuse entertainment with news. I know it can get confusing for you people at times.
handfleisch
jmi256 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

Funny skit. But you do realize that the Daily Show is a comedy show and isn't real news right? I like a good laugh as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't confuse entertainment with news. I know it can get confusing for you people at times.

Uh, you're defending Glenn Beck now? Would make sense. Are you denying he said and did this?

I think it's awesome that Beck pulled a stunt as stupid as this while being the keynote speaker of the major Conservative political forum. And Mitt Romney followed this guy, and thinks that's going to help him be president! (And don't forget Huckabee condemned the whole thing for being libertarian.) Hilarious ways of the tattered right.
jmi256
handfleisch wrote:
jmi256 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

Uh, you're defending Glenn Beck now? Would make sense. Are you denying he said and did this?

I think it's awesome that Beck pulled a stunt as stupid as this while being the keynote speaker of the major Conservative political forum. And Mitt Romney followed this guy, and thinks that's going to help him be president! (And don't forget Huckabee condemned the whole thing for being libertarian.) Hilarious ways of the tattered right.

I wasn't defending anyone. I was just trying to determine if you understand that the Daily Show is a comedy show, and that it was skit that you linked to.
handfleisch
jmi256 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:
jmi256 wrote:
handfleisch wrote:

I wasn't defending anyone. I was just trying to determine if you understand that the Daily Show is a comedy show, and that it was skit that you linked to.

gee, thanks, searing point. But it's the conservative movement of the USA literally being led by Glenn Beck and FOX that don't know a joke when they see it.