FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The effect on foot

fifi123
Apart from our expectations, things are there which are capable to create a slow and unknown death to our body and life.

Smokers tend to deal with frequent ulcers in the feet. In some cases, the ulcers can be painful too. Considering the ill health of the feet, these ulcers take a lot longer to heal than the usual and can hamper the mobility of an individual. Besides, smoking also causes opening or cuts in the feet.

The cuts or openings that happens so, creates a deep wound, which took lots of time that will either take a long time to get cure or which cannot be cured. The wounds so called may seems to be silly at first, but as smokers, people should handle it with great care and if possible should consider it as a Way to quit smoking.
Crinoid
Ammm, do you know some of such cases personally or is this from the article?
Just curious, no hard feelings, but nobody from I know/knew had them, including smokers for 30 years who quit later.

I'm not advocating smoking Smile .
RubySlasher
Err... I've known smokers who've had knee problems?

deanhills
fifi123 wrote:
Smokers tend to deal with frequent ulcers in the feet. In some cases, the ulcers can be painful too. Considering the ill health of the feet, these ulcers take a lot longer to heal than the usual and can hamper the mobility of an individual. Besides, smoking also causes opening or cuts in the feet.
I must say this is the first I've ever heard about this. I come from a family with some heavy smokers, and none have complained of ulcers anywhere. I've heard about people suffering from diabetes who have foot problems, but not smokers.
menino
Smoking reduces blood flow in the body, and in few cases, this affects people who then suffer from poor blood flow to the feet, which then can cause an ulcer. Ulcers on the feet can also be caused by other factors, such as poor foot maintenance, or a scratch or bruise, but because smoking lessens blood flow, it has an affect on the feet at this point.
Not all smokers suffer from foot ulcers, and not all ulcer-feet patients are smokers. They can be diabetics too, but smoking has negative effects, nonetheless.