FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Funny comments by Facebook noobs!

jmlworld
Recently, ReadWriteWeb (www.readwriteweb.com) published a blog post on Facebook-AOL partnership, the author of the article was smart enough to choose an ultimate SEO friendly title "Facebook Wants to be Your One True Login", a combination of Facebook's fame, RWW's high ranks at Google and the keywords of the article title pushed it to the top of the Google SERP.

There are loads of lazy people in the wild. Many people out there search even Hotmail's login page to sign in their email, and in amusement hundreds of people searched the keyword "facebook login" to get into their Facebook profiles and funnily they visited ReadWriteWeb's article, clicked on the "Facebook Connect" button, found out that there is no profile link or the famous bluish flavour of Facebook... All they did was to leave angry words in the comments, demanding to bring the old and BLUE Facebook back, one user said:

Quote:
CAN YA'LL STOP WRITING ON MY WALL! PLEEEEASE.

He obviously thought that RWW's comments section is his very own Facebook wall.

...and another one said:

Quote:
I CANNOT LOG THE FACEBOOKS FOR TWO DAY NOW WAT IF I HAVE THE NEW FRIEND? PLEEEZEE HELP

The user with the above comment was returning to RWW blog for two days thinking he got a technical problem.

See the rest of the comments and the article here: Facebook Wants to Be Your One True Login

The problem here underlines how large portion of internet users can go into the hands of phishing scum criminals using search engine trap.
nam_siddharth
Now that website have a notice for facebook noobs.

Quote:
Dear visitors from Google. This site is not Facebook. This is a website called ReadWriteWeb that reports on news about Facebook and other Internet services. You can however click here and become a Fan of ReadWriteWeb on Facebook, to receive our updates and learn more about the Internet. To access Facebook right now, click here. For future reference, type "facebook.com" into your browser address bar or enter "facebook" into Google and click on the first result. We recommend that you then save Facebook as a bookmark in your browser.

It is really funny.
snowboardalliance
You know you get really caught up in all of the new tech if all you read are web design/social media blogs. Then you remember the real world... People are dumb and that will probably never change. I don't even feel like coming up with the countless examples of why that is true.

Of course some of the comments on that site sounded like jokes making fun of the people who don't understand (ones ending in LOLLLZZZ!!!!111!!one and other posts like that for instance).
Magicman
This is absolutely pathetic that people don't realize that they are not on Facebook. People need to be far more aware of what website they are on and who they are giving their log-in details to. Seeing the comments on this article, I am no longer surprised that so many people fall for phishing scams and clearly fake email scams. People just don't know how to use the internet sometimes and I don't understand why they find it so difficult to do it properly.
erlendhg
Wow, that is incredible.
But I guess everyone isn't that good with computing and Internet, and really understand "the deal".
I know some elder people that really doesn't see the whole picture when they use computers, just have remembered what to click on in which order to make something happen, e. g. bring up a program.

Funny, though.
Jinx
*facepalm*

I...

Um...

Well, I seem to lack the words to describe my dismay over the apparent stupidity of some people. How hard is it to actually read the webpage one is looking at. It seems just a few moments perusing the text content of the page should have been enough to let those folks know they were not on Facebook, even without the warning note.

Of course my husband does the same sort of thing sometimes... he'll be looking at a relatively self-explanatory pop-up box on his screen, and instead of reading it he asks me "Should I click 'OK'?"
I don't know? What does it say? Read it!!!!!!!!

ARG!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, ranting.
apple
nam_siddharth wrote:
Now that website have a notice for facebook noobs.

Quote:
Dear visitors from Google. This site is not Facebook. This is a website called ReadWriteWeb that reports on news about Facebook and other Internet services. You can however click here and become a Fan of ReadWriteWeb on Facebook, to receive our updates and learn more about the Internet. To access Facebook right now, click here. For future reference, type "facebook.com" into your browser address bar or enter "facebook" into Google and click on the first result. We recommend that you then save Facebook as a bookmark in your browser.

It is really funny.

hahahahaaa
that is veeeeeerrrrrrryyy funny!!
Laughing Laughing
paskifire
Ahahaha sh*t happens Very Happy the google thing is hilarious Very Happy
driftingfe3s
I don't see how so people can go to that site and not know that it's not facebook when it clearly has a different website banner!! Still seems like something my mother would do... if she could even use a search engine and make a facebook account.
jigoku05
The fact that they search "Facebook Login" on a search engine instead of typing Facebook then ctrl+enter or simply facebook.com in the address bar makes them stupider than stupid not lazy.