FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Wii laptop

Bondings
I also find it fun and interesting to watch and read about create constructions/mods of consoles, computers, mobile phones and similar.

This video shows a Wii that has been transformed into a laptop.

Bondings
I found another video of a Wii laptop, but this one doesn't have a keyboard. On the other hand the finishing seems better.

goutha
This is really a great idea!!
Magicman
This seems really cool but I feel like there really is no point for this. It seems like there is just a Wii with a smaller attached screen. I'm sure more can be done with this and I'd be interested in seeing what could be done in the future with these techniques. Is the keyboard in the first video actually compatible with the Wii, i.e. does it work with the onscreen keyboard on the Internet Channel?
jabce85
Of course these are totally pointless! ha! some people just enjoy tinkering with stuff... myself included
snowboardalliance
jabce85 wrote:
Of course these are totally pointless! ha! some people just enjoy tinkering with stuff... myself included

Pointless?

Psh, who wouldn't want to play some wii games on a somewhat portable device (does it have a battery? I didn't watch the videos yet). I mean your not going to play wii sports or anything, but I mean new super mario or any virtual console stuff isn't out of the question.

Yeah it's not that useful I guess but really cool.
soljarag
looks like a fun project to build... but totally useless Smile i have a hard time playing it on my 28" CRT ... that 8" or so will be imposable
Starrfoxx
It does look like fun to build. Would be nice to have a portable Wii to take around where a TV isn't available.
mathiaus
I also like fun little builds which show initiative, skill and creativity. I also like large screens so I don't have to squint!

Wii isn't meant to be portable in this sense. It could be made to have a built in projector so that it could be used against any white wall/screen or a back projector with a built in pull up screen (small but still bigger than a laptop TFT.).