FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

top domain register for free?

xxmassive
top domain (.com .net .org .nl .be .eu .us .... ) register for free?

I don't know if it is possible it would be cool!
Bondings
The plan is to create competitions with as a prize a free domain (.com/.net/.org and on request others) of your choice. Then some time afterwards we'll be offering domains for posting.

This has been postponed due to problems with the server and the upcoming server move, otherwise the first competition would probably already be happening. However, if you are willing to wait some time, then yes you might get them from us.
milleja46
That sounds awesome! Can't wait to see that when other things get working properally
rohis
are domains really expensive? noooooooooop
misterXY
rohis wrote:

i think like 7$ a year? Sucks when your unemployed and don't have a credit card.. maybe it is good or i'd spend it though.
Edited: l paid 7.70 for a .NET for an year Rolling Eyes
wowfan
free domain,you can't control fully,and cant transfer to anthor place.
Bondings
wowfan wrote:
free domain,you can't control fully,and cant transfer to anthor place.

We would be offering a GoDaddy coupon. On GoDaddy you will then have complete control over it, we don't even have to know which domain you registered.
speeDemon
wow, when's the competition? and what kind?
milleja46
I bet it's gonna be awhile, since bondings is probably still working on giving us the best he can, once things calm down around here we might see something worth our while for domain register...
speeDemon
ok, but it's a good idea, I must say.
rajpk
now this thing is going on frihost
earn points/coin justrequest for free domian and get it Very Happy
nepalstar
Is this really true..? if any service provider provides .com free ?? I'm from Nepal I don't have access to International Credit Card. I don't have credit card to buy .com from domain name provider... is there any way to get .com ? plz help me to buy or get in free .com for me to personal use. I will be really really appreciate...! .
Bondings
nepalstar wrote:
Is this really true..? if any service provider provides .com free ?? I'm from Nepal I don't have access to International Credit Card. I don't have credit card to buy .com from domain name provider... is there any way to get .com ? plz help me to buy or get in free .com for me to personal use. I will be really really appreciate...! .

Yes it's possible to get one from us. However you will need to post a lot in order to get one. Currently you need 350 Coins to get one.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:

This has been postponed due to problems with the server and the upcoming server move, otherwise the first competition would probably already be happening. However, if you are willing to wait some time, then yes you might get them from us.

Will the server move be as fundamental as the last one? Very Happy
Bondings
deanhills wrote:
Bondings wrote:

@deanhills, that was a post of over a year ago, not relevant anymore. The server move happened a few days later.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Bondings wrote:

@deanhills, that was a post of over a year ago, not relevant anymore. The server move happened a few days later.
Embarassed Just noticed it now! I posted last night's query at a crappy computer at the Airport and missed the details. Phew! Glad I was wrong. Twisted Evil

I'm due for check-in in a Best Western Hotel near the Bangkok International Airport, and have lucked out. We have complimentary desktop computer access here and all of it is in great shape! I have to wait an hour otherwise I have to pay extra for early check-in. After checking in, I will be checking out the local shopping. I may not buy one, but I'd like to check out prices for the new model iPad. Very Happy
ankur209
The idea is good but i don't think that these TLD are or will be free !!

They are to be paid for !!
robinio_1965
ankur209 wrote:

Al this trouble to maybe win a TLD, for 2.50 we already can get a .NL domain (ex tax) for one year.
For this i have full controle over the domainname and also the right to resell them.

Nowhere you can read anything about this on the forum.

Will the domainname be your own or are you only able to use them.
If you, for what reason, quit using this domainname are you able to sell it or park it (parked domains)?

All this extra's is for me 100% wurth the money to pay for it.
truespeed
robinio_1965 wrote:
ankur209 wrote:

Al this trouble to maybe win a TLD, for 2.50 we already can get a .NL domain (ex tax) for one year.
For this i have full controle over the domainname and also the right to resell them.

If you, for what reason, quit using this domainname are you able to sell it or park it (parked domains)?

It gets transferred to your godaddy account,so becomes yours to own and keep.
Bondings
robinio_1965 wrote:
ankur209 wrote:

You probably need about 10$/10EUR to renew the .nl domain.

About the domain, as truespeed mentioned, you get a GoDaddy gift card that matches the amount of money required for a domain registration, renewal or transfer. You hence completely own the domain, we don't even have to know which one you chose, apart from which type (eg .com registration).
deanhills
@robinio_1965. Maybe you missed some of the background as well. Like you do have to earn points anyway to keep your Website alive with Frihost. Some people really like Frihost and have been posting more than needed to keep their Website in good standing point wise. So Bondings has come up with the coin system and free domains: (1) to reward those who post regularly and with gusto above the 45 point level (2) to provide an incentive to those who have been posting above zero to post above the 45 point level. He has also introduced competitions to make it easier for those who don't post regularly above 45 to earn coins to buy a free domain with. But all of that is completely voluntary. If you don't see any benefit of earning coins or a free domain then posting at around zero is completely OK. Your choice Smile
nepalstar
rohis wrote:

Domains are not so expensive.... but the main thing is that I don't have credit card. Without credit card that's expensive for me. Without Credit I can't pay fee in $ so this is best forum for me to get top domain in free.
ocalhoun
Removed a back-seat moderating exchange... which also repeated the problem in quotes.

Thank you vikke95, for self-editing and fixing the problem.