FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question

beastlytom
Why is it that you have to have 5 posts before you can start web hosting and where can iget the webhosting after i get my 5 posts done. Also i didnt notice or see any where if there is a cpanel with this webhosting????
Asap170
Very simple why you need 5 posts before getting a sub-domain. The reason is that Frihost don't want spammers to just come and make websites all they want without posting before. This is to prevent users who might create an account and that and totally forget about it or abandon it.

You can get the web hosting by going to: http://www.frihost.com/account/ You should be able to get it from there without further help.

The Cpanel is in multiple places. You will receive each of these in: http://www.frihost.com/account/ once your hosting request has been accepted.

Hope that helps you! And by the way, you need to make sure you keep posting so your hosting doesn't get taken away. You probably knew that...
ocalhoun
Asap170 wrote:
Very simple why you need 5 posts before getting a sub-domain. The reason is that Frihost don't want spammers to just come and make websites all they want without posting before. This is to prevent users who might create an account and that and totally forget about it or abandon it.

It also allows for quality-control of new users.
Users who make very-poor-quality posts for all of the first 5 will often be denied until they make some better posts.
mukesh
beastlytom wrote:
Why is it that you have to have 5 posts before you can start web hosting and where can iget the webhosting after i get my 5 posts done. Also i didnt notice or see any where if there is a cpanel with this webhosting????

You are not sure if u have 5 posts. Your must need 5 quality post then after post mail to administrator. If Account manager agree then u must get webhost account by mail.
rvec
http://www.frihost.com/faq.php#5_posts
I don't think you'll get cpanel, but I'm not 100% sure.
acter
ok now i get it and btw how much time does it take to get ur web hosting approved and does it have cpanel 11?
Ankhanu
acter wrote:
ok now i get it and btw how much time does it take to get ur web hosting approved ... ?

That entirely depends on the account manager and the types of posts you make. I think it took me almost a week to get approved; I posted, I visited the Frihost IRC channel, got to know people and took the forum seriously. When the busy people in charge had time to review me, they set me up.
gphoenix
so you mean they dont have time now?
Ankhanu
No, I mean that they'll process it in due time and that patience is a virtue.
gphoenix
Ankhanu wrote:

Oh..

I have a question.. does frihost support MySQL? and does Frihost provide CPanel or Vistapanel?
and how much is the database space ?
Bondings
gphoenix wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

Oh..

I have a question.. does frihost support MySQL? and does Frihost provide CPanel or Vistapanel?

Yes we support MySQL, with no limit on the database.

New users currently get DirectAdmin as control panel.

The database space is included in our disk space limit of 250MB (500MB on the server for new accounts).
gphoenix
Bondings wrote:
gphoenix wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

Oh..

Yes we support MySQL, with no limit on the database.

New users currently get DirectAdmin as control panel.

The database space is included in our disk space limit of 250MB (500MB on the server for new accounts).

Oh.. i have never used directadmin before does it offer easy script installations?
Bondings
gphoenix wrote:
Oh.. i have never used directadmin before does it offer easy script installations?

No, because we had problems with those easy script installations. The problem is that it becomes so easy to install things that everyone does a few test installations and forgets to remove the software afterwards. A long time afterwards there are security exploits to the not-updated software and quite a few accounts are compromised, causing a lot of problems to everyone on the server.