FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP not woking?

ckong
I got "Connection failed" with the correct username and password. Anyone else having the same problem now?? Confused
Maka
ckong wrote:
I got "Connection failed" with the correct username and password. Anyone else having the same problem now?? Confused

Yea same here, server status says its up though Confused .

ftpd - Up green light
ckong
Hmm glad to hear that you have the same problem...hehe Laughing

Any corrective action done so far? Coz it's still down currently... Shocked
BumYeu
Er, me too.... What's happened?
Maka
We will have to wait till bondings gets on so see whats up, it shouldnt be down to long.
Bondings
ckong wrote:

I get the same thing. Pretty weird.

Hopefully I can fix this soon.
Bondings
Fixed! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I can login to my own account, but I didn't upload a file, but normally it should fully work.

As restarting the ftp-server didn't change anything, I just loaded a new ftp-version instead of the default one.
That version might be even faster and better than the last one according to cpanel.
ckong
Yay it's working now! I was writing a review in http://www.clickherefree.com/hosting-free/details.php?id=2544 and found that the FTP is up and running again once I finished my review.

Thank you! Cool
Maka
Good work Cool .
NghiaSuper
Hey friends, FTP is working now. Surprised
Yeah it worked for the main account ...
but when I trying to create another ftp account, it won't connected and returning "Authentication failed"-error message ...
I'm sure I have entered the password correctly ...
oh yeah ... I'm using a browser to access the ftp (I mean ftp://user:pass@domain.frihost.net)
... I haven't try using ftp manager though Smile)

I know there is some Passv mode issues that may causing a problem if you accessed through browser ... But I'm sure its fine ... since I'm accessing my main account using browser too, and it worked ...
Maka
Maxwell wrote:
but when I trying to create another ftp account, it won't connected and returning "Authentication failed"-error message ...
oh yeah ... I'm using a browser to access the ftp (I mean ftp://user:pass@domain.frihost.net)

I know there is some Passv mode issues that may causing a problem if you accessed through browser ... But I'm sure its fine ... since I'm accessing my main account using browser too, and it worked ...

Use an FTP program, browsers are crap for FTP seriously.
mOrpheuS
Maxwell wrote:
but when I trying to create another ftp account, it won't connected

Any additional account that you create will have the username of the form username@subdomain, not just username.

for the main account, the username is not prefixed with "@subdomain", but it has to be done for any other account that you create (holds true of mail accounts as well)

Wink
Bondings
This took me a lot of time, but I finally found it. Very Happy

You should use user@domain.frihost.net instead of user for your username.

test@test.frihost.net instead of test
Bondings
mOrpheuS wrote:
Maxwell wrote:
but when I trying to create another ftp account, it won't connected

Any additional account that you create will have the username of the form username@subdomain, not just username.

for the main account, the username is not prefixed with "@subdomain", but it has to be done for any other account that you create (holds true of mail accounts as well)

Wink

Why didn't I see your post earlier. Crying or Very sad I thought it was some kind of bug. But I did figure it out eventually. Very Happy
mOrpheuS
Bondings wrote:
But I did figure it out eventually. Very Happy

You read...you forget,
you see...you remember,

you do...and you understand...

there's no better way to learn than to figure things out by oneself... Very Happy
believe me, the time you spent thrashing around is not wasted...it's been put to good use
Wink
Maka wrote:
Maxwell wrote:

Use an FTP program, browsers are crap for FTP seriously.

oh it worked already ... Very Happy
btw i wonder what happened ...