FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Can't adminster, or look at site





milleja46
For some reason when i try to get onto my site to change it around or just look at it, it doesn't come up it gives me a internet explorer could not connect. Is there something wrong with servers that may be causing this?
Bondings
It might be due to the problems we had a few hours ago.

I also removed quite some accounts, which caused Apache to restart a lot of times and each time some downtime.

Is this problems still occurring now? I can access http://milleja46games.frihost.org/phpBB3/ fine at the moment.
milleja46
Yes they are still occuring
Bondings
I'm sorry, I forgot you are on Server 4, hence the server issues of this server do not impact your website.

I have checked your website again and all seems to be fine. I'll keep checking it.
Asap170
Bondings wrote:
I'm sorry, I forgot you are on Server 4, hence the server issues of this server do not impact your website.

I have checked your website again and all seems to be fine. I'll keep checking it.


You say you can connect to it? It won't let me connect to it, but it does bring up the title of the website in my tab..... So it's just timing out. Bondings, did you change the timeout setting since your fixing the other servers? (Most likely not...)

EDIT: I am using http://milleja46games.co.nr/ to access it, but it fails.
Bondings
Asap170 wrote:
Bondings wrote:
I'm sorry, I forgot you are on Server 4, hence the server issues of this server do not impact your website.

I have checked your website again and all seems to be fine. I'll keep checking it.


You say you can connect to it? It won't let me connect to it, but it does bring up the title of the website in my tab..... So it's just timing out. Bondings, did you change the timeout setting since your fixing the other servers? (Most likely not...)

EDIT: I am using http://milleja46games.co.nr/ to access it, but it fails.

I am able to access your co.nr domain too actually. When the co.nr domain appears down for you, does the subdomain work fine or not?
milleja46
okay now it works
milleja46
Okay i can access my site. Asap170 can't. And i can't access forums
milleja46
Okay my site is down completly is there something wrong with server 4?
Asap170
It's because the DNS in yourband mybarea hasn't resolved.. Next time just edit you posts don't keep making a new one.
milleja46
Yeah but what's weird is we can access through proxy but not regular ways
Bondings
That's weird. If you want I can put you on another server in some time (after the server move).
milleja46
And even with proxy when i need to modify a database it gives me a 404 when i go to phpmyadmin. And i would appreciate if you would. Because right now the only places i can access my site that i know is at school. If you can put me on server 1 since it is up more than the rest.
Asap170
Server 1 might be full but server 3 isn't. I am on server three and it works well
milleja46
What i find even weirder is that i can access it at my school. But not at home and neither can asap
Asap170
milleja46 wrote:
What i find even weirder is that i can access it at my school. But not at home and neither can asap


I already said that the reason is the DNS for out internet provider hasn't resolved it yet so that's why. But it shouldn't take a day to do.
milleja46
But i think some my school might use the same thing
milleja46
Please switch me to a different server. I just want to access my site normally. Thanks if you can. Something like server 3 since i hear from asap that it works better than my current one.
mOrpheuS
Asap170 wrote:
milleja46 wrote:
What i find even weirder is that i can access it at my school. But not at home and neither can asap


I already said that the reason is the DNS for out internet provider hasn't resolved it yet so that's why. But it shouldn't take a day to do.

Switching to a reliable recursive DNS is easy!. And it will solve your problem.

Just put these in as the DNS servers for your network connection -

Quote:
208.67.222.222
208.67.220.220

Or even these -
Quote:
4.2.2.2
4.2.2.1
milleja46
Okay now i feel like an idiot i tried that first dns and it worked. But for how long?
mOrpheuS
milleja46 wrote:
But for how long?

For as long as you keep using OpenDNS !

Once your ISP fixes their DNS servers, you can switch back to them.
But it would be a good idea to still use OpenDNS as your backup DNS server, just in case.
milleja46
But the weird part about it was it was only my site. However i would still like to be changed when bondings gets the servers up and running because i want to just plain start over.
mOrpheuS
milleja46 wrote:
But the weird part about it was it was only my site. However i would still like to be changed when bondings gets the servers up and running because i want to just plain start over.

Since all the accounts that are currently on Server 2&3 will be moved to a new server in any case, this request is redundant.

To just start over, you can always ask for your hosting account to be reset and/or have subdomain changed (entails deletion of ALL data currently on it) at the "Request an Account Change" section.
milleja46
Well i am already technically starting over and this topic proabably needs to be moved.
milleja46
And the dns has stopped
mOrpheuS
milleja46 wrote:
And the dns has stopped

Do you still have OpenDNS in your network settings ?
Are you able to ping frihost.org ?

OpenDNS is resolving your domain just fine - http://www.opendns.com/support/cache
milleja46
Well when i tried this morning it didn't work
milleja46
Okay apparently my new domain is not set up completely because i can't access my new one milleja46.frih.org
Related topics
Tell me if u like my site's look
do you like the look of my site?
it's my site, u have nothing to do about it, but have a look
Look and Feel of my Web site
Who do you look like? Check this site out!
Take a look at my site http://adsense.no-ip.biz
Does anyone know how to get your site to appear higher ?
Explain the reasoning behind the site, please
Main site
Creating a Favicon For Your Site
Request: Site Graphics... Will pay big FriH$
cant build site using flash (swf) on frihost
Making Your Website Look Professional
Google Site Map
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.