FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Some short intermittant outages planned today on Server 2/3

Bondings
For the people who wonder, I'll most likely be removing some accounts of inactive people on Server 2/3 today, which will might Apache to restart quite a few times, each time causing about half a minute downtime.

I haven't removed accounts in quite a while and there are a lot of people with less than 20 posts and points well into the negative hundreds. Removing those accounts will make the upcoming transfer way faster.
Bondings
Suddenly after restarting Apache, the same problems as last week appeared. It constantly crashed after being started, dumping its core.

I tried a lot and only downgrading back to Apache 1.3 seemed to work.

I hope this will be the last time these problems occur on the server until everything is moved to the new server.
Bondings
The account removals are mostly done now. Very Happy
deanhills
Aha .... now that explains the downtime of yesterday. I thought we were being moved to the new server. Good to have a major cleanup before going to the new Server however, must be like packing up and cleaning out old stuff before moving to a new house ... Smile
Bondings
Unfortunately it will only make a small difference and I think it will take quite long to transfer all websites; simply the transferring of the data will probably take a day. I might split it up into small collections of accounts, so the problems for the websites will be minimized. If I'll find/create a script to change the ip's in the dns files, I can probably do this. Otherwise it can only be split in frih.net and frih.org accounts.

And I still haven't received the server yet. Sad