FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do u think the look of a teacher is important?

tommy.studio

I think so!
Because the student donnot listen to the teacher if he (or she) is ugly.
In my school, good-looking teachers are famous!
S3nd K3ys
tommy.studio wrote:

I think so!

Sad but true. A nice looking teacher always got my attention more than Ms. Ratchet. Wink

I should have gone to a Christian school;
waiteck
tommy.studio wrote:

I think so!

I don't agree.. Most importantly, the teacher's lesson should be interesting to keep all the students awake and attentive.
silvermesh
well if I think the teachers hot im gonna be more interested in looking at her than listening to her...

Theres a certain degree of "you pay attention more if theyre attractive", but on the other end, if theyre ugly enough to be intimidating, they can use that to keep your attention too.
Hoogeveense RAT
I don't also agree becuase I don't interest me how a teacher look. When he could learn me something when he's ugly it's. A teacher is someone who learn me something.
mirzapirza
When my swimming teacher twists and turns and bends to show us how to do this and that, I'm certainly not thinking about swimming. 'nuff said.
ldnet
lmao, i dotn knwo about that, i got 1 old math teacher and she is such a good teacher you will learn everything but right now i just went to a frnds class and damn does he have a HOT teacher i think shes around 24 maybe guys she is sooooo hot and like half her class is failing doing bad lol. i could never focus if i was in here class lol.
RandBauer
I, too, don't agree.

As an example, suppose Ms. Hilton walks in the door. Sure the guys start salavating. She then begins reading directly from you text and doesn't stop until the bell rings.

Anyone interested in Ms. Hilton's class??

Point: The way the material is presented will maintain the class' interest much longer.
nilsmo
I think beauty may matter slightly but the way the information is presented is still the most valuable element of a good teacher... Picture an extremely ugly teacher, I think most of us can learn instead of throwing up! Very Happy
darrell
tommy.studio wrote:

I think so!

This is quite true... Though it is something disappointing, but it is a fact in the world out there....
Dark_Jedi06
I'm not at school to be drooling over some teacher, so to me it doesn't make a difference as to how they look. What's more important is whether or not they're a good teacher.

Though I'm sure they're are only a few like me who actually care about the lesson. >_>
Nameless
I don't think attractiveness, or personality or anything else, of the teacher makes any real difference at all. The ownus is on the student to learn what is being taught. Any student who thinks that the teacher matter is immature, and it's their own fault for not learning everything. That said, there are a few rare exceptions or particularly poor teachers, but none that have anything to do with looks.
threezeroone
the looks of the teacher is important because it attracts students to listen during discussions..especially when the teacher is a Hottie! Very Happy
tommy.studio
if the teacher teach good students, the look of the teacher is not a problems.
But some naughty children often play stricks on the teacher who they don't like!(However,some good-looking teachers are hated by students.)
Tasadduq Khan
Of course.
A teacher should look like decent and well dressed. And those teachers who have those qualities can make student understand well as compared to other teachers.
threezeroone
tommy.studio wrote:
if the teacher teach good students, the look of the teacher is not a problems.
But some naughty children often play stricks on the teacher who they don't like!(However,some good-looking teachers are hated by students.)

right. some good-looking teachers are hated by students because they're too strict.
windval
i think so
if he/she is ugly
i will not listen to him/her
jongoldsz
If the teacher's lesson is boring, than the teacher should at least good looking, Or everyone will do bad for the paying attention part in class.
xueku
i think so

in my school the same~
xorcist
I think the teacher has to have to not look ugly I would rather a female teacher, becuase I proberly will pay attention more. I pay attention to fine teacers and proberly will pass the class.
frozenhead
Uhm?.. I think so.. being infront of a class is a hard thing to do because you should have to get a good impression from the students.. I think to look good in class is a way to be more or should I say "convicing" way for students to pay attention and learn..Idea

do u aproval?
noliver
Looks really has nothing to do with the ability of the teacher. I would much rather have an ugly old teacher with lots of knowledge than a pretty airhead.
budazz
the look is not the basis when you are learning..

it depends how your intructor deliver the lesson

at first when you saw a ugly prof...you will be disappointed..but when he start to talk fluently....everything will change..

on contrast if the prof is a good looking guy all girls will not focus on the lesson but on the prof...so it's not good to be a good looking prof.. Laughing
Jack_Hammer
xorcist wrote:
I think the teacher has to have to not look ugly I would rather a female teacher, becuase I proberly will pay attention more. I pay attention to fine teacers and proberly will pass the class.

As proven in many physcological studies men tend to not listen to women (espicaially say a female news reader on T.V) because their minds are too busy thinking about sex.
Jack_Hammer
and yes, the look of a teacher does matter whether you think you are biased or not, everyon makes judgments about a person from the first 4-8 seconds of meeting someone, and whether you like it or not you do it to, it stems from nature that in the wild we would of had to make a snap judgment about whether something was a threat or not, and so you make the same kind of judgments about everything.
SilverDogg
i dont think it really matters. then again, i would rather want a total babe to be my teacher then a monster. yish!

but well.. beauty can be bad aswell. you pay more attention to the teachers looks than her lessons.
jim1990
it depends on what lesson she gives.if it is mathematic, se must be pretty or you won't listen anymore. Very Happy
bigdan
It doesn't really matter to me if a teacher is attractive or not. Mind you, I didn't have any really attractive teachers at school, the only one that would be close to being attractive was a real bitch and had a reputation for being extremely cranky and even had some stories going around about her stalking several rugby league players.

What's important is the delivery of the subjects...if they drone on and on, then you won't learn anything. If they make it interesting, then it you're more willing to learn.
DarkYuke
If they look neat and well dressed, thats good enough for me. Most of the best teachers in our school are old, yet they make the lessons really interesting. Most of the younger teachers tend to be really strict.
kuad
Haha funny thread Very Happy

I guess if the teacher is good looking I'd want to go to that class, but then I'd be paying attention to her, and not to the work. But, I guess a side effect could be that I'd learn something, maybe Laughing
But if the teacher is really ugly then I'd be concentrating on avoiding them at all costs, so I wouldn't learn anything either.
So good looking teachers are better
LostOverThere
It doesn't matter of how or what they look like, as long as they're a nice person...

I would way prefer ugly teacher, thats a good teacher, then a good looking teacher, but that cant teaches for nuts...
LemonMan
Naw, dont matter what the teacher looks like, its just a bonus if she is a good lookin one =P
qljune
not that i pay more attention to teachers who are more attractive, but just that somehow, attractive teachers manage to 'attract' interesting students to their classes... lessons become more interesting as a result. So in a way, being attractive captures the students attention more effectively... indirectly! Laughing
ronitvohra
Well wht should i say........My girlfriend is my teacher,she is my gf when i was in school ,and till now....almost6-7years relationship,she was preety young when she joined our school............

And my teacher(gf) is very beautiful...but tht doesnt matter in ur studies opinion...
Jack_Hammer
I think people tend to respond more to a person if they fit the context, for example I would be much more accepting of a teacher that looks say like a middle aged man rather than say Miss World '05, for example, but it might just be me...
irish_18
Beautiful teachers attract students.. I think a teacher should have that factor too.. But there are a lot of factors a teacher should have.. I just think that may be the appearance is somewhat important.. Smile
yzy
IF YOU ARE A STUDENT,AND YOU WILL NOT WANT TO SEE YOUR TEACHER IS SLOVENLY!
DianaCoelho
yes, in fact some students think that way.. but i think that a teacher should catch students' attention not by a goodlooking look but with new and improving teaching ways!... who isn't interested in spending a good time in a class and having a great relationship with a teacher?.. let's change the minds of the students!!...
Ratman2050
DianaCoelho wrote:
yes, in fact some students think that way.. but i think that a teacher should catch students' attention not by a goodlooking look but with new and improving teaching ways!... who isn't interested in spending a good time in a class and having a great relationship with a teacher?.. let's change the minds of the students!!...

You dont want your teacher to be hot. Nor ugly. Just dressed nice. This is what is crucial in this topic posted. If your teacher is too hot you wont pay attention. If your teacher is very ugly you prolly wont pay attention either.
If your teacher is nor ugly or hot, but dresses well, then you wont really care and it should be the personality of someone that matters in teaching and there way of teaching that matters.
jcvincent
I don't think the looks of the teachers make me listen to them. I have dozens of beautiful teachers from elementary until today (college) but i think about 20 percent of them are good in discussing the subjects that they are teaching. If i have a beautiful teacher, I'll just look at her. If she is a good teacher, then I'll listen to her while watching her in front of the class.

I have many great teachers here. Most of them are not good looking but I consider them as one of the finest teachers in the Philippines.

Having a beautiful teacher is good. But having an intelligent teacher is better. Having a teacher who posses those two characteristics, makes me love the teacher. Preferably female teachers. LOL.
Sappho
Thats a question for my students not me, but so far no one complained Wink

Anyway i don't really think looks matters, students are here to learn something and not to attend some kind of fashion show.
dac_nip
yes i think so.. Very Happy , your interest can build through looks and its good to hear and learn from someone with looks. funny thing i never asked this question before. Very Happy
cavey
The teacher should look clean. Theres nothing worse than teachers wearing the same outfit in 6 months and washes his hair once a month!

If the teacher looks weird, extremelly ugly or very hot, you might be distracted (it should not be that way, but it happens a lot).

The teacher dont need to be pretty to get my attention. He must be fair, and treat every hardworking student the same. He can be strict, but must teach in an interesting way.
m00tmuffin
I agree, they should look clean but they don't have to be pretty or gorgeous or anything like that. Presentable. Razz