FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL privileges Problem

The-Nisk
So I've changed the privileges of one of the accounts in MySQL database....and well,
my scripts can connect to the database, but they have no privieledges (for that modified user account).
I have tried different configurations, i tried setting the privileges to ALL at one stage even....still no use.
I just noticed that the user in questions had too many privieleges (that I must have forgotten to strip away) where as I want it to have the SELECT one.

Before I changed privileges it worked fine.
(The script uses just the mysql_num_rows() function with a 'SELECT' querry).

I'm quite buffeled by this problem, since I'm not an expert on MySQL, but from what I gather I can't imagine it's a fault on my end.

I'm on server 4 from what I know, so I shouldn't be affected by the reccent upgrade of server 2&3...right? Help is greatly appreciated!
Asap170
This could just be with the PHP and APACHE problems Frihost had lately. This will hopefully be all cleared up in the approaching days.
Bondings
Maybe try to create a new user with all rights?

And no, since you are on server 4 this has nothing to do with the problems.
The-Nisk
Bondings wrote:
Maybe try to create a new user with all rights?

Thanks, i'll try that!!
The-Nisk
I tried it, still doesn't work. The script can connect to the database okay, and this works:
Code:

$query = mysql_query("SELECT..."); //just a SELECT query

However this is the part where it fails:
Code:

$num = mysql_num_rows($query) or die("Error: num_rows can't run the query on the database!");

This all worked fine before hand...I've no idea why it doesn't work anymore =[
Perhaps I should have posted about this in the PHP/MySQL section. If any moderator can, I would appreciate if you move this thread, thank you!