FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost twitter placement

truespeed
I think the frihost twitter link should be placed somewhere prominent on the forum,i doubt many people would of known frihost even had a twitter,so when their sites go down they are unaware as to why or how long they will be down for.
coreymanshack
truespeed wrote:
I think the frihost twitter link should be placed somewhere prominent on the forum,i doubt many people would of known frihost even had a twitter,so when their sites go down they are unaware as to why or how long they will be down for.

I didn't know frihost had a twitter.
Marcuzzo
coreymanshack wrote:
truespeed wrote:

I didn't know frihost had a twitter.

http://twitter.com/Frihost

what was the latest Server status page again? was it the http://frihost-server-status.us.to ?
Peterssidan
The frihost twitter have only been used tell about downtimes so it's not very interesting during problem free hours. And when the server is down they can't see the link so I think most people would not know about it anyway.
truespeed
Peterssidan wrote:
The frihost twitter have only been used tell about downtimes so it's not very interesting during problem free hours. And when the server is down they can't see the link so I think most people would not know about it anyway.

If the link was prominent so that everyone knew frihost had a twitter,it would only take a google search of twitter&frihost to find the url if you didn't know it already.
Bondings
If people with a Twitter account follow me and some others simply bookmark the Twitter page then at least those people will get a status update if we are down. So yes this is a good idea to advertise it more. I'll probably put it in my signature.
deanhills
Probably good to have a reminder, but it is so easy to use. All one has to do is type www.twitter.com and then type Frihost in the search box, and it comes up instantly with the latest updates when Frihost is down. No need to bookmark. "Twitter" is easy to remember.

One does not have to register with Twitter either. Registration is only necessary if you would like to respond to the tweets. I found it very useful during our recent down time. The suggestion to put it somewhere so that people will know about it is however a good one.
Ghost Rider103
I think we should put an icon or something on the home page. It would make the home page a lot more useful, and give people another reason to go there.

Maybe it's something we could do when/if we get a new design for Frihost. As I've said before, I'd be willing to help out greatly in getting Frihost a new look.

But a Twitter button or some sort of link to Frihost's Twitter account is a great idea. Most Frihosters don't know about it yet.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I think we should put an icon or something on the home page. It would make the home page a lot more useful, and give people another reason to go there.

Maybe it's something we could do when/if we get a new design for Frihost. As I've said before, I'd be willing to help out greatly in getting Frihost a new look.

But a Twitter button or some sort of link to Frihost's Twitter account is a great idea. Most Frihosters don't know about it yet.
If you say homepage I imagine you mean www.frihost.com? The home page was also down so perhaps an icon would not have been that helpful. Better to have a little ad running as suggested by Steve. Probably something that people need to make a mental note off. If there is a facility for it, maybe a general PM to everyone could be a good idea too, as well as to new people when they register as a "plus" service that is provided by Frihost.
Ghost Rider103
Yes I meant frihost.com, that being the only home page for Frihost.

I know the home page was also down, however as of now there are very few people who even know about Frihost having a Twitter account. If we put an icon on the home page, this will increase the amount of people that know about Frihost. People have to know about it before Frihost goes down. There is really no way to get the word out about Frihost having Twitter while the server is down.

That is why it would be extremely useful to make an icon on the home page. Most Frihosters I believe have seen the home page. So if there was an icon, just about everyone would know about it.

It would also make more use of the home page. Which it needs. The home page needs to work with the rest of the website so it isn't so useless. Not saying it's useless now, but for veteran members the home page is somewhat useless.

Make sense?
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Yes I meant frihost.com, that being the only home page for Frihost.

I know the home page was also down, however as of now there are very few people who even know about Frihost having a Twitter account. If we put an icon on the home page, this will increase the amount of people that know about Frihost. People have to know about it before Frihost goes down. There is really no way to get the word out about Frihost having Twitter while the server is down.

That is why it would be extremely useful to make an icon on the home page. Most Frihosters I believe have seen the home page. So if there was an icon, just about everyone would know about it.

It would also make more use of the home page. Which it needs. The home page needs to work with the rest of the website so it isn't so useless. Not saying it's useless now, but for veteran members the home page is somewhat useless.

Make sense?
Right, maybe something that says "In the rare case of an emergency, when Frihost is down, please check in at www.twitter.com/frihost for updates?"
Bondings
I've put it in my signature. Hopefully that helps. Please either bookmark it or follow me.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I've put it in my signature. Hopefully that helps. Please either bookmark it or follow me.
I don't think one can really see it, would it help to put a button there, such is available at the link below?
http://twitter.com/goodies/buttons
This one grabs the attention as twitter is looking at you Smile :
or if there is no space, the one below may be simpler and better:

Bondings
deanhills wrote:
Bondings wrote:
I don't think one can really see it, would it help to put a button there, such is available at the link below?

I have added the small icon. Is it better now?
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Looks great! Smile
LostOverThere
Yeah, definitely needs more advertising. I didn't even know Frihost had a Twitter account until I read this thread. Long story short, I'm now following Frihost on Twitter. Smile
misterXY
deanhills wrote:
Bondings wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Looks great! Smile

Stylish even!

LostOverThere wrote:
Yeah, definitely needs more advertising. I didn't even know Frihost had a Twitter account until I read this thread. Long story short, I'm now following Frihost on Twitter. Smile

Same, but following! Now only if l remember too use twitter... damn it >_<
l'll just use "Down for everyone or just me" as l won't forget too check that.
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/