FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Drawing Traffic To A Sub-Domain

flyfamilyguy
Hi folks
Frihost is hosting my site as a subdomain for now. At some point I will purchase my own domain but for now it's free and doesnt show up in search engines unless you type in the exact name of the site.
Can someone please give me some tips and tricks on drawing traffic to my site? I've heard about placing things in the <head> section of pages that get picked up by search engines, but anything else would be appreciated as well thanks.
deanhills
flyfamilyguy wrote:
Hi folks
Frihost is hosting my site as a subdomain for now. At some point I will purchase my own domain but for now it's free and doesnt show up in search engines unless you type in the exact name of the site.
Can someone please give me some tips and tricks on drawing traffic to my site? I've heard about placing things in the <head> section of pages that get picked up by search engines, but anything else would be appreciated as well thanks.

These are simple suggestions, so perhaps you have already incorporated them?
1. Have something "for free" on your Website that you can give away. Such as a How To article on working with weights for example or a hobby or something. Then get people to provide you with their e-mail addresses so that you can forward the freebies to them. Be careful to let them know that if they do not want to receive further correspondence from you, to click on a link, which would remove them from your address list.
2. If you know of related Websites to yours, start reciprocal links, i.e. they feature your link on their Website and the other way round.
3. As long as it is not done in an irritating way, possibly you could make sure that words that are part of the subject of your Website appear more than once in the text of all of your Web pages.
flyfamilyguy
Thanks 'deanhills'.
I was not clear, im sorry. I ment how can I begin to show up in search engines using a subdomain.
Donutey
Just submit it to search engines the same way as a normal domain. Subdomains are treated the same as a normal domain.
microsnitch
try adding relevant and popular keywords to your site.
evaristobh
try adding relevant and popular keywords to your site.
chatrack
I think any SEO method you adopt to increase SE traffic is equally applicable to paid domain or a sub domain. I think SE look for relevant information in a site, and rank it.
the_crystalguy
you also have a free sub domain on frihost hosting and to paid domains but my sub domain gets more traffic than my domains. did you named your main page on your main keyword or you are still using the name index.html as a default?
if you you have not named your landing page on your keywords, and don't know how to do that than just do this its easy
[list=]go to your landing page file from admin in edit save your file as on your main keyword name (by this you will get a copy of your landing page file with your desired keyword name )
now create a file and named it '.htaccess' now in this file just type DirectoryIndex give a space and write your file name(copy of your landing page named on your keywords e.g online-jobs.html) just save it.
Now you can delete your old file with index.html name or keep it.
whenever any one will type your website address he will reach on your landing page named on your keyword.
it will improve your seo and give you more traffic than before.

but its not enough you have to use your keywords in your h1, h2, h3, h4 headings alt, title, bold and strong tags and in your anchor text and have a good quantity of relevant content on your subdomain. :) [/list][/list]