FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Disguising your location when your girlfriend/wife calls you

Bondings
The situation is pretty simple. You are hanging out with friends at the bar and you don't want your girlfriend or wife to know it. (It might not be a good sign for your relationship, but that's not the point here.) She calls and you don't want her to here it. What are the solutions?

You can let everyone at the bar make some noises, making it look like another place:

And then Andes Beer made a Transporter booth for it:
Arty
The second video is hilarious.
They really should have something like that in bars.
apple
hahahaaaa
ProfessorY91
GENIUS! Sheer genius. If this hasn't actually been done, it should be. Maybe someone should build an app on the phone itself to mimick an environment. I know it would have saved me a few headaches. Damn, good commercials. Cool
deanhills
Very creative! But girlfriends of the suspicious minds kind are notorious for having an extra set of antennas. They are quite genius and almost clairvoyant in detecting all the moves he thinks he can make even before he has made them! For starters he would have to make sure there is no smell of cigarettes or alcohol on his clothes when he gets home. He would also have to have a good matching story to tell that exactly fits the noises they heard during the phone call. Who did he see in the hospital, why? In the end admitting the visit to the pub would be much better than facing the wrath of his girlfriend when he is found out in a lie. Agreed however, the commercials are quite brilliant.
soljarag
that second video was hilarious!!!!!!!!

I bet that thing would be packed full at bars
missdixy
Damn can't see the second video (it's been removed blah blah) but the first one was pretty cool haha.
paskifire
Very Happy Well, that's a good idea. Creativity is the key Very Happy
goutha
The second video was removed, but the first one is really helarious Smile
mathiaus
Updated 2nd video link
guissmo
First one was creative. And funny. Very Happy
erlendhg
Wow, that was hilarious. But they didn't really make that booth, did they? oO

deanhills wrote:
Very creative! But girlfriends of the suspicious minds kind are notorious for having an extra set of antennas. They are quite genius and almost clairvoyant in detecting all the moves he thinks he can make even before he has made them! For starters he would have to make sure there is no smell of cigarettes or alcohol on his clothes when he gets home. He would also have to have a good matching story to tell that exactly fits the noises they heard during the phone call. Who did he see in the hospital, why? In the end admitting the visit to the pub would be much better than facing the wrath of his girlfriend when he is found out in a lie. Agreed however, the commercials are quite brilliant.

...and yeah, that is very true Wink
ankitdatashn
Second one was real good 1, does that thing exist!!?
Bondings
ankitdatashn wrote:
Second one was real good 1, does that thing exist!!?

From what I remember, yes it did (or still does) exist. A few were made for this advertisement. How long they lasted and how many were made, no idea.
natilovesmike
That was really funny!!

I miss argentine comercials...
andysart380
you have no idea how much one of those would help in america..but eventually women would see them and know, what you would have to do is make it in a backroom and keep it a secret.. only men are aloud to go back there, awesome invention, huge succes if it really went into production
missdixy
Holy crap I just revisited this thread and saw the second video omg that is hilarious!!! I just posted it all over my Facebook and sent it to like all my buddies hahaha. Too funny. I would love one of those (but for my mom, not my boyfriend...she has a habit of calling me at the worst moments, like literally whenever i'm out at a bar or something, and then gets angry if I don't answer!).
Arty
andysart380 wrote:
you have no idea how much one of those would help in america..but eventually women would see them and know, what you would have to do is make it in a backroom and keep it a secret.. only men are aloud to go back there, awesome invention, huge succes if it really went into production

But what if a woman wanted to disguise her location to her spouse.
Xanify
I lol'd.
iman
"Why lie if you can teleport?" lol.

And gfs will just get more suspicious when they see those teletransporter stickers on bars.