FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Literal video versions of music clips

Bondings
Music clips can involve some very special and/or weird scenes, sometimes (actually most of the time, I guess) completely unrelated with the song.

Some people do not like this and decided to made literal versions of those music clips. As you might have guessed, these videos can be quite funny. I hope you'll like them.

First one of Total Eclipse of the Heart:

Secondly, from Take on me from the band a-ha:

(The original appears in my post on the Mix between hand-drawn animations and filmed fragments.)
Magicman
I find these types of videos very funny if they are done well. There are many absolutely terrible ones out there which are a disgrace to the song but the good ones are usually very good. My favorite one would have to be the literal version of Under the Bridge by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Bondings
Magicman wrote:
I find these types of videos very funny if they are done well. There are many absolutely terrible ones out there which are a disgrace to the song but the good ones are usually very good. My favorite one would have to be the literal version of Under the Bridge by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Is this the one?
jabce85
hahaha... these are always hilarious.. there are a ton more on the tube that is you...
standready
Yes most videos get away from the lyrics/song. These literal versions are funny. I still prefer videos just taken during a concert.
missdixy
You know, I absolutely love the Total Eclipse of the Heart video, and a while back when I first came upon it I was excited because I thought it was funny as hell and quickly started looking for more 'literal' videos, but what I found is that good ones are really actually pretty rare. Pretty much most of what I found on youtube were pretty poor quality and not so funny. But anyhow, I like these two! I can't count how many times I've linked the Total Eclipse one to people online to give them a laugh haha.