FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how much weekly sleep?

How much sleep do you typically get weekly? Count only the large block of nightly sleep and NOT any naps
< 20 hours
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
21 - 30 hours
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
31 - 42 hours
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
43 - 50 hours
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
51 - 56 hours
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
57 - 70 hours
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
71 - 84 hours
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
> 85 hours
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm in a coma
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 38

gonzo
How much sleep do you typically get weekly? The brains needs sleep. Try going without sleep for more than 80 hours and you'll cause yourself permanent damage.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/brain_basics/understanding_sleep.htm
mirzapirza
Since I moved onto campus where I share a hall with a bunch of other guys, I've hardly been sleeping more than 5-6 hours a night. It isn't voluntary, and it certainly isn't fun. Hard not to miss those first classes where you know the teacher doesn't track attendance.

*grumbles something about beauty sleep*
ldnet
ahh, i sleep like 8 hours a day 7 days, 56 hours a week pretty good lol, plus im really lacy so i hate getting up sometimes.
nilsmo
I sleep 9 hours a day usually... Maybe 8 hours when there's school and 10.5 hours when there's no school... I'm barely a teenager, so this is just barely healthy. Smile
Dark_Jedi06
56 hours...about 8 each night. Smile
Dimaod
I am sleeping every day from 11pm till 7 pm.....
I need to be at school at eight Wink
S3nd K3ys
With 2 kids (2 and 6 mo) I don't get much sleep.
seanooi
On average i sleep for about 5 hours a day, so that makes 35 hours a week, which isn't that bad compared to when i was 15 years old. I used to sleep at least 12-13 hours a day....
No wonder my girlfriend complain's i sleep too much.... Laughing
aniitopia
On weekdays when I work about 7 hours so 35 hours but on weekends around 16 hours.
Nameless
I sleep about 60 hours a week, but if I had my choice I'd sleep 70. *curses being woken up each morning by family*.
tommy.studio
I sleep about 60 hr a week.
I think 8 hr a day is enough.
yjwong
I sleep slightly more than 54 hours a week...

12pm - 6am
falconfx
Around 9 hours a day, from 10pm to 7am.

I must be at school for 8am...
snowflake
On school nights, I get around 7 hours of sleep... on the weekends, around 8-9. Smile I'd say around 50-55 hours a week...
Jack_Hammer
You should sleep:
8 hours a night for an adult
10 hours a night for a child
supersonic
I get the reccomended amount of sleep
irish_18
I usually sleep 7-8 hours a day.. and I think its 56hours a week. wow. Smile
dan751
I try to get an average of 8 hours of sleep each and every night. On weekends I get maybe 6 hours of sleep cause I'm up late, it's the weekend, so, I hang out late or party a bit. But, Yes, I try to keep my sleep hours at 8 during the week. I've set that as my standard, but it's hard to sometimes cause I'm insomnic, so the Doctor put me on medication so I can get my desired 8 or so hours every night.Smile
illini319
With our newborn, I now sleep 5-6 hours of 'quality' sleep a night. No complaints, although I've become a caffeine addict as a result of it now!
DarkYuke
I sleep about 8 hours a week normally, but if i didnt have to go to school, I'd sleep for about 11 hours. My brother doesn't get much sleep though cause I snore alot and its really loud he says (He sleeps in the same room as me) and my mum and dad have to close the door to muffle the sound. Very Happy
ignition
like 3 hours on weekdays...14-15 hours on weekends. Average it as you wish.

I have an insane amount of work to do, so I'm usually up real late doing it.
qljune
sometimes i think is not the amt that ou sleep, but the time at which you sleep. sleeping from 11pm to 7am, is anytime better than 2am to 12pm...
From personal experience, I will still feel tired from the longer rest!
shwetanshu
i only get 4-5 hrs of sleep a day
Helios
I sleep for about 4-6 hours in a day.. so i'll vote for 31-42hr. in a week.
ronitvohra
3-4 hours a day,and on sunday atleast 16hours.........
Lady Elensar
I'm in a coma. Neutral (I think this isn't funny).

It's very different, I think. I sleep about average 6 ours a day (schooldays) and at the weekend, it's more. Only if I don't have to work, or other things to do. And I think i'm going to sleep too late, instead of going early, and wake up early. Confused
kung_fu_stu
4-6 on a week day and if I'm lucky and get to sleep in 8-9 on the weekend
Hammy
During the holidays my sleeping patterns go all weird lol ..
I goto bed about 3:30am .. and get up about 3:30pm .. so i still get my 12 hours sleep lol Smile

And works out alright because nothing interest ever happens in the morning anyways.

Hammy.
jabapyth
8-9 hours right now, but its summer vac. during school, i get 5-7 hrs on weekdays.
myrevolt
In fact the infamous Gonzo started this thread about a year ago...

During the school year weekly:
25 a bad week
44 average week
50 a good week

Summer/break:
98 a bad coma week
70 moderate
42 installing linux
Tatsumaru
I always try to get my minimum 8 hours of sleep everyday, but often I just sleep 7... because I wake up and I need to go to the bathroom very bad haha. It sucks Sad

So yeah, let's say 7 hours for 4 days a week / and 8 hours for the other 3. That would be 52 hours.
SterkenJohny
I think the hours sleep one needed, depends from person to person.

If I could, I would sleep 7 8 hours a night, but my little daughter don't let me....
emanuel2
since I am just half time working I have a lot of time to sleep Smile
standready
nice old post that I have not responded too.

2-3 hours of sleep a night if I am lucky.
to OP: I have stayed wake for close to 3 days (68 hours) before without sleep. I was a mess considering I slept for 3 hours before it started. Slept for 4 hours then stayed awake for another 36 hours.
ankitdatashn
Though I thought that I used to sleep less with average of 7-8 hours per day but I am surprized about how less the other people tend to sleep. I guess with mordenization and more things on our mind the humans are decreasing their sleeping hours, I know people from business areas who neglect their families and tend to sleep only 3-4 hours a day!
spinout
My friend was a workoholic - took gladely 2 shifts in a row and only sleept 2 hours a day for several weekdays -

He died at age of 48 - RIP - the third kid was born without a father!

Cause of death - massive stroke - worked too much and had too high blood pressure!
deanhills
I definitely lack sleep. Hopefully time for summer holidays soon so that I can catch up on my yearly sleep! Very Happy