FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Smoking is dangerous

paul_indo
Glad I gave up three years ago. Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Exploding cigarette proves that smoking is dangerous

Mon, 02/01/2010 1:10 PM | City

BEKASI: Police are investigating the case of an exploding cigarette, which injured Andi Susanto, a security guard in Cibitung, Bekasi.

The cigarette exploded when Andi was smoking while riding his motorcycle on Thursday.

"The cause of the explosion is unknown... we checked the motorcyle's gas tank to see if there was possibly a leakage of gasoline fumes that may have led to the incident, but we have found nothing yet," Bekasi Police chief Sr. Comr. Herry Wibowo was quoted as saying by news portal detik.com.

The explosion caused Andi to lose five of his front teeth and serious injury to his lips.

Herry said Andi bought the cigarettes from a vendor close to his house.

"It was my third cigarette while traveling to work," he said.

Andi is being treated at Adam Thalib Hospital in Cibitung. - JP
ocalhoun
The tragic effects of having a cigarette factory and a firecracker factory in the same building.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
The tragic effects of having a cigarette factory and a firecracker factory in the same building.
Brilliant detection! Sounds like the most plausible explanation for it. Or an ex-girlfriend who had an axe to grind along the lines of hell has not fury ....
harismushtaq
There must be some problem with that particular ciggiratte if no other cause is found. Tobacco leaves when dried and crushed should not explode and they are the major contents of a ciggeratte of not the only content.

One should avoid ciggeratte any ways. It is not good for environment and health. Third ciggeratte on the way to work, wow, his lungs would be black by now.
ocalhoun
harismushtaq wrote:
It is not good for environment and health.

Laughing

The effects of cigarette smoke on the environment are so incomprehensibly tiny that they can be safely ignored.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
harismushtaq wrote:

Laughing

The effects of cigarette smoke on the environment are so incomprehensibly tiny that they can be safely ignored.
This was in-house, but when my aunt passed away it took a number of coats of paint to get rid of her yellow walls. Probably depends on the environment. If it is outside in nature, perhaps the impact is minimal, but in an in-house environment the impact is quite significant, and it is very difficult to get rid of it once it has taken hold of the place.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
harismushtaq wrote:

Laughing

Probably depends on the environment.

Well, I don't know about everybody else, but when I think of 'affecting the environment', I'm not thinking about any indoor place as an environment.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:
harismushtaq wrote:

Laughing

Probably depends on the environment.

Well, I don't know about everybody else, but when I think of 'affecting the environment', I'm not thinking about any indoor place as an environment.
Environment means "surroundings", so it can be indoor or outdoor.
harismushtaq
We don't allow smooking inside the office. There is no lush green garden near our office. People who smoke do so outside the office in the staircase, in the lobby at the ground floor or in the car park. First of all, it takes a lot of time to go to car park so a lot of time is wasted. Secondly, when you go out of our office, right at the beginning of the staircase, you will feel a strong pungent smell. Then when you reach the lobby, it is filled with the same smell. Even in the car park, you can feel the places where a smooker recently smoked. If they are smoking right now, you will have to hold your breath to save yourself from the smell and smoke. So this is all part of the environment.
menino
I do believe that smoking affects the environment, both inside and outside, although outside may be less observed.
On the inside of a house or office, or where there's a party, my clothes smell of smoke after talking with friends and other people. And I do believe that I'm in more danger than them, as I take in second hand smoke (which I dont have to pay for, and am used to it, btw) Laughing
I'm glad I don't smoke, but I try to coax my friends not to smoke, which they seem to find very very difficult.

On the inside, when people smoke, it settles on the furniture, and you can smell it even.
On the inside inside, it coats your lungs and causes different diseases.

I don't know if smoking should be stopped, but at least once in a while, I do belive is acceptable, like perhaps once a day, but I think that takes a whole level of control altogether. I had known one person who smoked one cigarette a day, and he was an accounts professor.
Rothschild
I do not know that many people do smoking.....
Is there Advantage?
It is not good for health.
?????
mengshi200
cigarette 's dangerous not only do harm to health,but also influence life of next turn ,according to tibet monk.
Ghost Rider103
Smoking while riding his motorcycle... Does that actually work? Question
menino
Yes, Ive seen this a few times.
THey smoke while the cigarette hangs to the side so that the ashes fly off into the wind, and after wards they spit it on the side on the road.
app893
I think smoking is harmful to your health and losing money,but it's very easily addicted that young people can't bear to catch it up.
Asafe
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Smoking while riding his motorcycle... Does that actually work? Question

To get a disease, yes.
natilovesmike
Funny story...but I don't think it will make people stop smoking...if all the diseases associated with smoking didn't make you stop smoking...nothing will!
deanhills
natilovesmike wrote:
Funny story...but I don't think it will make people stop smoking...if all the diseases associated with smoking didn't make you stop smoking...nothing will!
Right. That is quite difficult to understand. That there is so much documentation that proves that smoking is responsible for fatal diseases, however people still want to smoke. Almost like wilfully committing suicide. So it has to be addictive, like alcoholism and drug addiction.
mengshi200
Smoking have powerful magic,if you know it ,you can make up mind to interrput it.

app893 wrote:
I think smoking is harmful to your health and losing money,but it's very easily addicted that young people can't bear to catch it up.
app893
smoking is a bad habit for mankind and wasting money,more it can bring fire threat and health safety problem.long history it has,it's hard for those addicts to stop it.
owenbeckham
Ha......I try to give up cigarette, but i give up now.................
Navigator
paul_indo wrote:
Glad I gave up three years ago. Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Exploding cigarette proves that smoking is dangerous

Mon, 02/01/2010 1:10 PM | City

BEKASI: Police are investigating the case of an exploding cigarette, which injured Andi Susanto, a security guard in Cibitung, Bekasi.

The cigarette exploded when Andi was smoking while riding his motorcycle on Thursday.

"The cause of the explosion is unknown... we checked the motorcyle's gas tank to see if there was possibly a leakage of gasoline fumes that may have led to the incident, but we have found nothing yet," Bekasi Police chief Sr. Comr. Herry Wibowo was quoted as saying by news portal detik.com.

The explosion caused Andi to lose five of his front teeth and serious injury to his lips.

Herry said Andi bought the cigarettes from a vendor close to his house.

"It was my third cigarette while traveling to work," he said.

Andi is being treated at Adam Thalib Hospital in Cibitung. - JP

Why hasn't anyone considered this the result of a practical joke?