FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video Card and Monitors

Possum
Hi

I am going to get a Video Card. All my monitors are VGA.

What other Video outputs are there. What would you recommend?

Thank you
Diablosblizz
The other two main outputs are DVI and HMDI. I believe all graphics card have VGA, and if they don't they always come with a DVI to VGA adapter.

What are you looking to do with this card? Gaming? Video editing? General usage?
jwellsy
What kind of inputs do have on your TV's, coaxial, RCA composite, HDMI?

The ATI All-In-Wonder cards are pretty cool. They also have a wide variety of inputs.
Possum
Quote:
The other two main outputs are DVI and HMDI

Now I know about DVI (the other connection on my monitor)

Quote:
What kind of inputs do have

VGA on the old LCD. DVI and AVG on the new one.

Now that I know about DVI. I am now looking for a good low profile Graphics card..

Thank you..
Flakky
I recommend DVI since it supports many resolutions. I think that HDMI is more useful for TVs with consoles only. DVI should have more resolutions than VGA and support higher resolutions. Almost any card comes with DVI.
ahnguye5
I think hdmi and dvi are the same in terms of quality; you would invest in a graphics card with an hdmi port if you dont like the idea of using an adapter. And the main difference between vga and hdmi is that hdmi also carries sound so you eliminate a wire that you would otherwise need.
ProfessorY91
Since its been out for a while, I recommend the Nvidia 9800 GT. Haven't had any problems so far, pretty powerful card for most things. Works with both Intel and Asus (and other) boards. Dual monitor output, plus S-Video (which people seem to be forgetting here).

If I may: If you want a good quality output from your computer to some device, make sure whatever card you get has an HDMI output. (or Input for that matter).
weableandbob
I would recommend the Sapphire HD 4850. It's a great deal for the price, and it's fairly cheap at $150
ForceRun
Most new video cards come with DVI only or DVI and HDMI mixed. They usually have the dvi/to/vga connectors come with it.