FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Not recieving emails from gmail and others

mikelll
I cant recieve any emails from servers like Google etc...
Do i need any special configuration on my domain settings? Question Question
mikelll
The support from the registar of my domain said this:

"Your 'pt-tech.net' domain is delegated to 'ns1.frihost.org' and 'ns2.frihost.org', which is returning SERVFAIL for your domain. You need to contact them to configure your DNS properly. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask."

bondings I need help here please!!!
mikelll
here is a message I get from gmail when testing sending a email to an account of my domain here in frihost:

Code:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

administrador[a t]pt-tech.net

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
DNS Error: Timeout while contacting DNS servers
mikelll
update...
some people in my country with diferent ISP then me aren't able to see my website! So it is a dns problem on frihost!
Bondings! I need you !!!
mikelll
look at this test:

http://intodns.com/pt-tech.net
mOrpheuS
mikelll wrote:
look at this test:

I don't see anything wrong with your DNS zone.

Looks like your domain is only a few days old and the DNS records hadn't yet propagated when you started this thread.
It can take upto 48 hours for this to happen and is nothing to be worried about.
Bondings
mOrpheuS wrote:
mikelll wrote:
look at this test:

Looks like your domain is only a few days old and the DNS records hadn't yet propagated when you started this thread.
It can take upto 48 hours for this to happen and is nothing to be worried about.

That's because I added the A records for the nameserver yesterday since for some reason they weren't present. I guess they either were removed at some point or not setup correctly.

@mikelll, are things better now?
mikelll
Bondings wrote:
mOrpheuS wrote:
mikelll wrote:
look at this test:

That's because I added the A records for the nameserver yesterday since for some reason they weren't present. I guess they either were removed at some point or not setup correctly.

@mikelll, are things better now?

now it seems to be resolving, but I can't confirm if its all ok now! By the end of the day I will tell you.

But why the A record isnt created? I tought that settings are made in th registar...
Bondings
mikelll wrote:
now it seems to be resolving, but I can't confirm if its all ok now! By the end of the day I will tell you.

But why the A record isnt created? I tought that settings are made in th registar...

Yes they are also made at the registrar and until now everything seemed to work fine or at least nobody mentioned it. But an A record seems also needed at the server itself and I don't know why DirectAdmin didn't do it or why it was removed (maybe a bug/glitch). Or I was supposed to do it and I didn't until now.

Anyway, I hope the problems will be over and indeed as you mention it is best to wait a while to check, dns issues can take a while.
mikelll
now it seems to be everything ok.
thanks