FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ham Radio

jwellsy
Is anyone here into Ham Radio? I'm looking for advice on how to get started in it. I get overwhelmed by the choices in equipment. It gets very expensive very quickly. Would a mobile radio work for home use so you could run it off a deep cycle battery? Can you get a decent setup for under $500? Used stuff never shows up on my local Craigslist. Any recommendations on equipment to start with?
andysart380
i know somebody who does it and does it well, i could talk to him in a couple of days when i see him again... ill let you know what i come up with
chatrack
Hi,

Am a Ham. This is a very interesting hobby. I have Homebrew HF low power transver
The circuit of which is designed by VU2VWN. You can have hand help VHF/UHF for local and
satelite communication. For Distant communication DXing, an HF multy band is best choice.

For more informaton on how to become a ham, it is better to search a local Ham Radio Club
in you locality, probabily you get study materials and exam details from there.

You should study:
1. Morse code (send and receive)(practical exam)
2. Q-codes and Radio communicartion theoery
ajitha999
Many shall be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. Matthew 24:10
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality. Dante & MLK 4/30/67
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
yagnyavalkya
I am into DXing
zombeh
what the ****** is a ham radio? can i eat it? can i ****** it? tell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell metell me
chatrack
It's a hobby, study on radio communication - analog and digital

DO image search "ham radio devices" in google
soljarag
i have only seen what is in the movies....

I also have talked to one guy online that uses on... its more of a hobby... I personally would get board fast with it Smile
hunnyhiteshseth
Does anyone know about HAM radio in India? Are there HAM radio hobbyists in India also? Is it legal in India?
chatrack
Hi,

You can see even a single HAM in every city. It is an electronic related international hobby.
Govt of each Nation gives special license for those who pass the exam.

In India the exam is ASOC. Different frequency bands are allotted for ham radio
operation and experimental purposes internationally.

You know Ham radio was there even before the invention of Transistor!
mochipie
Wow, this is the first time I've heard of HAM radio. And we're just currently studying waves like radio in physics...

Looks pretty cool, but I definitely don't think I have the knowledge, resources, or just motivation to actually try my hand at it.
yagnyavalkya
I am interested in HAM radio
kenxeiko
I don't know about this HAM Radio..
Can someone give me some informations about it? Embarassed
chatrack
kenxeiko wrote:
I don't know about this HAM Radio..
Can someone give me some informations about it? Embarassed

Ham Radio other wise known as Amateur Radio

It is an electronic hobby, where person can set up Radio transmitter/receiver
at home. They can communicate with other hams with similar setup, in wireless radio method.

No charges are there for talking, you can talk 24/7, discuss what ever you want, with
some restrictions of radio communication laws.

Certain radio bands are alloted for hams only, where they communicate, experiment with radio propagation, etc.

Hams communicate with fellow hams , not only on earth but with men in space stations too..

This video, hearing to satellite hams talking

see it on 13:50