FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Newbie question - file size/type?

mele
I'm considering starting a website with FriHost, but I couldn't find anywhere info on file types and sizes.
What file types can you upload?
And what's maximum single file size allowed?

This is crutial for me, as I'm gonna start promotional website for myself, I'm a wedding singer (foreign) and I want to upload my songs so people can actually see my work.
Thanks.
gonzo
mele wrote:
I couldn't find

did you notice the myriad of stickies?

Quote:

AFAIK 250 megs.
mele
Thanks for your reply gonzo. That was way faster then I expected. However it's preatty late here (4:25am) and it's been a long day for me so forgive me if I don't notice your sarcasam so are you saying there aren't any rules regarding file size/type?
If so then FriHost is a winner for sure, most other hosts I have looked into have file size limit to 1MB. I thank you again for your reply.
-Mel
the-geek
mele wrote:
I'm considering starting a website with FriHost, but I couldn't find anywhere info on file types and sizes.
What file types can you upload?

This is crutial for me, as I'm gonna start promotional website for myself, I'm a wedding singer (foreign) and I want to upload my songs so people can actually see my work.
Thanks.

if you upload a file with PHP then its 5MB. if you want to upload mp3 then its ok. frihosts allows mp3.
as much as i know, any file with any extension can be uploaded(not sure for .exe) i never had a problem with that
Agent ME
I don't think there are any limits on file-types here.

But make sure not to upload content that isn't yours, or you don't have permission for. It's fine for you to upload mp3's you have made as far as I know. Pretty sure I saw a higher-up say that was fine.
deStructuralized
Huh, I wasn't aware that it would be okay to upload mp3s I made. Sweet! I was scared I'd have to work with .rms or link to streams off of other websites.

Thanks for the info.
mathiaus
You can't upload any music files (of any format) to frihost servers without first getting permission from Bondings by asking in the 'Request an account change' forum.
All file types should be able to be uploaded, they just wont all work or may require something on the user end (eg. flash).
deStructuralized
Hahah, and the correct answer is finally revealed from a mod himself

Thanks

Damnit you other guys got my hopes up Wink I'll take a look at that account change forum.
a.Bird
This is a considerably amazing service in exchange for a few posts a week. NO $$$. The least you could do is read the rules and not make up stuff for new members. New memembers: the least you could do is read the rules. Which reminds me, it's been a while since I've last read them... might be good to update.
David_Pardy
Hey buddy, I did the account request change to allow links to MP3 and Video sites for myself (I'm a drum teacher) and they got back to me pretty promptly so I don't think you'll have difficulty.