FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac: Follow the money.





ocalhoun
http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/09/update-fannie-mae-and-freddie.html

This shows how much money Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have donated to various politicians... and it goes a long way towards explaining certain bailouts.

Of special interest is a certain senator from Illinois- who happened to be the second largest recipient.
You'll also find several other prominent names in that list, if you care to look.

As I was saying earlier, end the corruption, and stop these bribes, and many of Washington's other problems will solve themselves.

(Note: both parties are guilty here. Democrats received 57% of the money, but that leaves 43% for Republicans. Even the one I liked for his anti-corruption stance, McCain, accepted some, though at least he only got it from 'individuals'... Also remember the difference in percentage may be accounted for by the fact that there are not equal numbers of each to donate to.)
jwellsy
More pay-to-play. The house passed a bill to ban private student loans.
http://www.creditbloggers.com/2009/09/house-passes-bill-to-end-private-student-loans.html
and give this protected asset to Sallie May (Freddie and Fannie's spawn) to track and manage.
deanhills
jwellsy wrote:
More pay-to-play. The house passed a bill to ban private student loans.
http://www.creditbloggers.com/2009/09/house-passes-bill-to-end-private-student-loans.html
and give this protected asset to Sallie May (Freddie and Fannie's spawn) to track and manage.
Wow! That is quite shocking. I wonder how they would define private student loans, as the money that parents pay for the tuition of their children could probably also be interpreted as a loan? In some cases it is a definite loan.
Related topics
Ireland's no vote to the Lisbon Treaty
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
McCain Aide’s Firm Was Paid by Freddie Mac
Barack Obama vs John McCain
BBC Headline :US warns of further bank failures
Crise Mundial - Até que ponto vc sabe o tamanho do problema
Libertarians, deregulation, and the current economic crisis.
Dems Solution to Their Housing Bubble: Create Another
Obama's Unemployment Numbers Keep Going Up
Another Government Fail
Obama Admin Gives Unlimited Aid to Fannie and Freddie
What's wrong with the economy? Nobody's sure. Fix it anyway!
Republicans trashing US economy for political points?
Another “Occupier” makes terroristic threats
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Politics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.