FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Merge forums

ocalhoun
I think it would be a good idea to merge 'lifestyle and news -> jobs and learning' with 'Science -> education'

I know the science -> education forum is intended to be specialized, but people are not using it as such. It's difficult to find any science related topics within that forum; it's being used almost entirely as a general discussion of all education, which leaves us with two forums for basically the same thing, despite the intentions those forums were made with.

Since it would be difficult bordering the impossible to steer the existing forum to a science-related direction, just merging the two would probably be the best option.
deanhills
@ocalhoun. Sorry, it took me a while to get it. In summary your suggestion is to merge the Jobs
and Learning
sub-forum with the Education Science sub-forum?

If I understand the above correctly, I wonder whether that would be such a good idea. Although there is the very occasional education thread in the "Jobs and Learning" sub-forum, I don't see anything serious enough to justify merger with the Science Education sub-Forum? If education is discussed under "Jobs and Learning" it is more of an accident. The quality of the threads in the Science Education sub-Forum is perhaps not what had been envisaged, however it is still a place where one can debate serious education issues, more so than in the "Jobs and Learning" sub-forum.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:

If I understand the above correctly, I wonder whether that would be such a good idea. Although there is the very occasional education thread in the "Jobs and Learning" sub-forum, I don't see anything serious enough to justify merger with the Science Education sub-Forum? If education is discussed under "Jobs and Learning" it is more of an accident. The quality of the threads in the Science Education sub-Forum is perhaps not what had been envisaged, however it is still a place where one can debate serious education issues, more so than in the "Jobs and Learning" sub-forum.

Then perhaps 'jobs and leaning' should be renamed just 'jobs' or 'career', and 'education' be moved to a different section?
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Then perhaps 'jobs and leaning' should be renamed just 'jobs' or 'career', and 'education' be moved to a different section?
That is an excellent suggestion. Not sure where to move education to however. Do you think it would justify its own forum?