FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who actually use all their functions in the cpanel

darrell
Just interested to know as i do not really use everything inside.
gonzo
I don't use:

fantastico
cpanel's bundled cgi scripts, shopping carts
frontpage
SSH - because it's disabled
or
boxtrapper
otiscom
I don't!
nilsmo
Nobody uses all of the features on their CPanel--there are way to many for any website!
dan751
I may use Fantastico every now and then. I don't use the cgi scripts, nor the shopping carts, nor boxtrapper, I don't know how to use boxtrapper.
Eyre
im pretty much the same. except for fantastico. i used it to set up my phpBB forum. i couldnt deal with the FTP thing. to confusing during week of exams. Razz
gonzo
dan751 wrote:
I don't use the cgi scripts.

It's a LAME, watered down version of:

http://tmda.net/

^ If bondings would install that I'd teach you how to use it Wink
supersonic
All i really use is mail, ftp, and fantastico
irish_18
I don't use all of that..
Nameless
I don't use all of the features... I don't even understand what half of the feature are! You'd have to have a pretty large, complex and somewhat contrived website to use all of them I think.
LemonMan
I dont use it all yet, for i just recived my account =P Ive used cpanel before though, and i never used it all, there's so much that you really dont need, but its nice to have just incase Wink
aniitopia
I dont use like more than 70%. I only use the filemanager and email and sometimes something else.
SilverDogg
i think i use like.. what.. 5 of the different buttons. 8 tops. the others are for me as understandable as rocketscience
TimsJugling
I deffanently do not!
matjash
Why shold somebody use all the function's...

They / we use that one's that we need, but I tried some other stuff ther just for testing purposes...
Jack_Hammer
I se only n maybe two diferent buttons, lol, I don't know what most of them are for, let alone how to use them, so I'm pretty clueless about most of the great things Frihost has to offer (cos I'm a bit stupid)
Hoogeveense RAT
I only use File Manager, MySQl and Dick Usage and somtimes the E-Mail and FTP Mamager, but rhat's only when mine account is created a short time ago.
lerian
I use fantastico, usually if I want to setup Wordpress blog.
I use email, setup and redirect it to my yahoo email Smile
I rerely use File manager, I use ftp software to upload.
The most used is Awstats, I always check my site logs
theem
I use cpanel about 80%
including backups
addon & parked domains
cronjobs
fantastico
ftp usually not filemanager

but here i am hosted on the direct admin server2 !
its easy i think & simple then cpanel !

Confused
varon
i don't use all of my cPanel features either, but i'm not looking to reduce them Razz they all might be useful someday, like Fantastico scripts -- i might put up a gallery or a blog later, or a search engine links submission. everything can still come in handy. Razz i basically just use file manager, backups, databases, and email functions to run my site -- but cPanel rocks with all the features it has! Smile
seanooi
i don't use everything in it. the only things i use on my cpanel is MySQL, sometimes the file manager and the email client
dbdb
I hardly use anything on my cPannel page! It is quite shocking really. Most of it is not particularly useful for me.
Captain Fertile
cPanel is a web based pick and mix, a veritable hot buffet if you like.

Users choose the options they require and may never use any other options at all. Chances are that any two given users will use cPanel for very different utilities and for very different uses.
biljap
I use one ftp account and one or maybe two email accounts. I’m perfectly happy with that and PHP enabled, I don’t need anything else.
thealpha
I don't know how to use.
Can anyone teach me?
m-productions
thealpha wrote:
I don't know how to use.
Can anyone teach me?

CHeck out both the support forums for information on cpanel and direct admin.
Vrythramax
To add to m-productions reply....if you are hosted on server 2 you need not concern yourself...cPanel is only available on server 1 here at Frihost.
dac_nip
I don't, that's because I'm hosted on server2 and we use direct admin Very Happy
Srs2388
I use none of it... I'm on server 2.
I installed the script myself though... it's really easy to do
darrenpaul
I don't have cpanal for frihosts, but another hosting account I use with a different provider gives me Cpanal and I barely use all its functions
bartdou
dac_nip wrote:
I don't, that's because I'm hosted on server2 and we use direct admin Very Happy

cool, I don't even know on which server i'm hosted, my host is "bart.frih.net".
Donutey
I do use fantastico, if simply because it makes it really simple to upgrade my various installations when I don't have time to check if they have released new versions or not.

Incidently, this thread is really old. Rolling Eyes
Mighty_King
Well, I probably wouldn't. When I get my hosting account, it'll probably be strictly forum-based. So I would see no need on using the other things unless I had to enhance security or I just had to make a website.
bigdan
I use a fair few functions in the CPanel. I use Fantastico, the File Manager, and email functions, that's about it.
Vrythramax
Donutey wrote:
I do use fantastico, if simply because it makes it really simple to upgrade my various installations when I don't have time to check if they have released new versions or not.

Incidently, this thread is really old. Rolling Eyes

I agree that this topic is very old, but people are still posting to it, and the are making sense.

I would be one the first mods to lock a dead topic that was only bumped for points. Smile
goutha
I only use few of them, but I think that every thing in there is useful.
Jaan
As others pointed out, way to go for digging up a 2 year old thread!
imagefree
Vrythramax wrote:
To add to m-productions reply....if you are hosted on server 2 you need not concern yourself...cPanel is only available on server 1 here at Frihost.

What is Cpanel? is it DirectAdmin's alternative?
eku53ru
While I am on Server 2, I have had experience with cPanel from previous sites that I have been hosted on prior to FriHost. I do not really use all of the functions located on my cPanel; in fact, I do not think I know what all of them actually do. The ones I use the most often are the file manager and the back-up creator, but other than that, if email checking counts, then those are the top three I look into.
lethaltriad
I barely use any of the features, havent had that much time on my hands to play around them yet but i'm thankful its there so at least i have some options Very Happy
outofnicks
I use it to create email accounts, check the web space available, and look at access/error logs and site statistics.
I don't use the file manager, Fantastico, or any of the scripts available. I have my own preferred file manager and just go to hotscripts.com when I need something. I prefer to install programs manually rather than use a "wizard".
MJMX
No i do not use. Shopping cart is kind of useless, front page extension too
I use file manager the most.
secondeye
LOLz I just use my space and bandwidth thats it Laughing
Seiji
I haven't used every option. Think I'm going to redo my site in the near future. Just got through changing my tabular layout to a css layout. When I learn more I'll probably exercise everything.
coolclay
Yea I am one of those people who has no idea how to use, or what 3/4 of the things in cpanel do. But thats fine I don't really need to, I am very old fashioned and write all my websites by hand in html. And upload all my files by hand as well. Hey it works, my opinion is always the simpler the better.
shwetanshu
i dnt use all features... only parked domains and redirector...

well basically i use cpanle to check out the amount of bandwidth and disk space i m using
Fake
I use most of them