FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Permission to modify CNAME record [solved]

microkosm
I am wanting to use my own domain name for use with feedburner feeds. Feedburner offers a service called MyBrand which allows me to do this, but I have to modify the CNAME record. Checking my frihost account I realized that this ability is blocked due to insufficient permissions (and probably to prevent abuse). Next I tried my domain registrar NameCheap as suggested by this thread.

Unfortunately, NameCheap only allows modifying mx records for sites using their DNS. This is a longshot, but I'm wondering if I can somehow purchase this ability for my frihost account through Frih$ or some other means? Preferably, I don't want to use another DNS as has been suggested in multiple threads.
Bondings
I'll try to do it for you. Which CNAME record needs to be pointed to which IP address?

And yes dns changes are not enabled due to abuse issues.
microkosm
Quote:
Which CNAME record needs to be pointed to which IP address?

Sorry, this stuff is somewhat new to me. Basically, I want the RSS feed URL on my blog to read "feeds.pharmacyfu.com" instead of "feedburner.com/pharmacyfu"

To do this google says I need a new CNAME entry like so:

Quote:
feeds CNAME null.feedproxy.ghs.google.com.

Please note the trailing period after dot com above. I appreciate your fast help once again. Smile
Bondings
I have setup the CNAME you requested. I also removed the feeds subdomain since that one seemed to conflict with it (if I'm not mistaken).

Please check if it is setup correctly.
microkosm
Actually, I made a mistake. I gave you the wrong CNAME entry. The CNAME entry should actually read:

Quote:
feeds CNAME 1d4lb0a.feedproxy.ghs.google.com.

instead of

Quote:
feeds CNAME null.feedproxy.ghs.google.com.

Bondings wrote:
I also removed the feeds subdomain since that one seemed to conflict with it

*Wrong* I think that subdomain is required b/c feedburner looks for it when it reroutes my original feedburner URL to the new URL at pharmacyfu.com. Don't worry about the subdomain though. I'll add it back in myself later.*Wrong*

Edit: For anyone setting up MyBrand with Feedburner you do not need a subdomain such as feeds.site.com even though that's what this article suggests. Otherwise it's a good article though.