FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New spyware/adware?

Afaceinthematrix
This is really get annoying... Every single time I do a google search, I'll click on the links and get redirected to an ad site. Then I'll go back and click it again and get directed to the actual site. So if I search "topology," for instance, results will come up. I then click on the third link "Topology -- from Wolfram MathWorld" and instead of going to the math website, I'll go to some stupid ad website. I then hit backspace and click the link again. This time I'm redirected to the correct site. This is getting annoying because it happens every single time I do a search (which is frequent). How do I remove this? Will I have to reformat my hard drive or switch to another search engine? I've googled my google problem (ironic) and supposedly other people are having trouble getting rid of this virus also... Is anyone here computer savvy enough to know the solution to my problem?

This is almost as annoying as the last virus that I got where every time I did anything on my computer some fake virus scanner came up and said that it found bs viruses and that I had to pay X dollars for their service to remove them...
Peterssidan
You are sure you are using Google's official homepage and not just a fake copy?

About viruses I can only give you the advise to try to protect you so you don't get viruses. Don't run programs you don't trust, use a safe browser and so on. I know it's too late now.
Bondings
This sounds like a virus indeed. Or your dns is hijacked somewhere along the path and it sends you to a bogus ip. However, a virus is more likely.

I would try Windows Defender or another malware/virus remover. Otherwise, they also have a Malicious Software Removal Tool
Diablosblizz
We need to know more information:

- What's your AV?
- What's your browser?
- What's your OS?