FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Add number of posts on the forums index page

Bondings
What do you think about adding the number of posts per forum on the index page of the forums?

It could serve to indicate the popularity of a forum. Currently you can only see it if you go to a category.

In my opinion, this might help attract more new users since active forums with a lot of posts are more attractive than empty forums without many posts.
mOrpheuS
It certainly causes no harm.

Although I don't see how that fits with the current layout of the forum index page.

Unlike in a tabular layout, such information will be obscured by the forum description in the current layout.
deanhills
I love this idea. But then I really love stats. The more stats the better. And I do agree, it would give newbies an idea of the more popular forums and it may also serve to show how forums are doing. Maybe there could be a link attached to the Forum stats, so that we could see the sub-forums as well?

I was going to start a new thread on this, but perhaps this could work under this thread as well, is there any way that we could have stats that subtract Frihost's total postings from the 1-million posting objective so that we could have a stat for showing how many postings we still have to do to get to 1-million? Smile If we could put it in a prominent place, that could even be an incentive for people to post more (or maybe just me Embarassed), but it would be nice to start a countdown of a kind.
mOrpheuS
deanhills wrote:
we could have a stat for showing how many postings we still have to do to get to 1-million? Smile

Great idea! And I believe, pretty easy to implement too.
Seconded.
Wouldn't look half bad on the site's index page, either.

deanhills wrote:
Maybe there could be a link attached to the Forum stats, so that we could see the sub-forums as well?

Unfortunately the forum script FRIHost is running hasn't got the best statistics reporting.
This might involve much work.