FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Piracy warning parody (from the IT Crowd)

Bondings
I always found the piracy warnings on dvd's and in cinema's very annoying and rather stupid, to be honest. They are punishing the people who actually paid for it by making them watch those things, while on actual pirated movies, the warnings are absent.

However, if they would make them like this, then I wouldn't mind.

And if you don't know The IT Crowd, it's definitely one of the funniest series I've every seen.
David_Pardy
I love the IT Crowd Smile. Great series. I suppose it helps being in the industry and understanding a lot of what's going on Smile.

Moss is awesome.
Peterssidan
YouTube wrote:
Embedding disabled by request
Watch on YouTube

A sad moment for the new feature Wink
Bondings
Peterssidan wrote:
YouTube wrote:
Embedding disabled by request
Watch on YouTube

A sad moment for the new feature Wink

Ouch, I didn't notice that. I hope they won't do that for most video's, otherwise this feature is pretty useless.
Nick2008
Yep, very funny series. Maybe they should use this video at movie theaters, at least it'll catch people's attention!
standready
Now thats a piracy WARNING!
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
I always found the piracy warnings on dvd's and in cinema's very annoying and rather stupid, to be honest. They are punishing the people who actually paid for it by making them watch those things, while on actual pirated movies, the warnings are absent.
A couple of years ago when I did not have a TV I used to buy DVDs and play these on my computer, and I must say that was a very annoying irritation to me as well. Especially when the warnings would go into a loop and I could not get to the movie, and it has happened to me that I had to return the DVD to the store. I remember I also hit a problem with regional coding and when I searched all over the Internet found software that could unlock regional code and as a nice plus also sidestepped the warnings. Regrettably it had been shareware, and when I wanted to purchase it, for some or other reason the purchasing had been disabled and I could not use the software any longer. I am a citizen from North America and work in the Middle East, so of course the regional coding issue is another irritation to me as the two fall in different regional areas. As per usual it is the people who are honest and who purchase the DVDs who get inconvenienced, and as you pointed out, the real pirates do not get to watch the warnings, so what is the point of the warnings any way.

The IT Crowd series is funny Smile
missdixy
I love the IT Crowd! & That video is hilarious!! One of my favorite ones