FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recent change or trend in the site-making world?

mikakiev
Hi,
Does somebody tell me if there has been any change or trend in the recent website-making world?
I'll start sites coding again, though I've been away for nearly 3years, If you could mention any remarkable thing, please tell me. It will help my new start.
Thanks.
Donutey
Sites are starting to not explicitly support IE6, which makes designing and implementing things a lot easier. That's the only major thing I can think of.
mikakiev
Thanks for the information.
Sounds good.
Checking with different browsers is a bothering thing. I'm using my Mac for Firefox and Safari and my Windows for IE.
crossroads
You have to really remember the major web browsers are now Opera, Firefox and Google Chrome. Every month more and more users move away from IE which personally I think they should be! Here is a really nice website that shows the percents of users that user which type of browser:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

You can really see from this how much people are changing how they browse.

Another large change recently is the progress into CSS3. The ability to do so much more with it has really boomed the search in what really is possible with CSS now.
mikakiev
Thanks. The site you mentioned was great. IE looks really less popular! However, I'm curious what is the exact source of the statistics. (If they are programmers, they tend to like firefox, maybe...)
Another thing, why do you think Opera is also getting major? I don't see like this from the stat.
I'll check up CSS3 definitely.
crossroads
Well I think opera has stayed so strong because it is such a well dependable web browser for Mac users. It has also been able to be installed onto Windows which I think a lot of people like because its just a simple and strong browser. I think Firefox has grown so much because the fact of users being able to install add-ons. Its a huge extension of the web browser that almost all the others do not have. Google Chrome is starting to expand there browser to include add-ons but its nothing compared to what the Firefox community has built already.