FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What shall I do?

Mara91
There is a guy at college who I think is really hot - although I do not actually know him! I feel like I have no way of getting to know him - do I just go straight up to him and talk to him? And then what would I even say? - I don't want to look like a complete idiot or even a stalker!
deanhills
Mara91 wrote:
There is a guy at college who I think is really hot - although I do not actually know him! I feel like I have no way of getting to know him - do I just go straight up to him and talk to him? And then what would I even say? - I don't want to look like a complete idiot or even a stalker!
Probably never a good idea to chase after a guy. Guys usually feel it instinctively and since they prefer to do the chasing usually may not be as interested. If you really want to get close to him, you probably need to find out whether you have friends in common and see if someone can introduce you to him, in a spontaneous environment. Another way could be to find out which courses he is taking, and see whether you could enrol for one of the courses, or attend a class you are interested in, that he is attending, casually. Who knows, when you see him up close, you may not even like him.
guggs
Walk up to him, tell him that you're studying human biology and that you've chosen him at random to help you with a long-term series of experiments of a very personal and intimate nature, but that you have to get the first set of results into class by tomorrow, so what's he doing tonight ?

Simples !

P.S. I never actually tried this approach myself ... Laughing
airh3ad
Get some help from your friends it migth help you closer to him.
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
Probably never a good idea to chase after a guy. Guys usually feel it instinctively and since they prefer to do the chasing usually may not be as interested.

What? I do not know a guy who wouldn't find it endearing to have a woman approach them. Most guys would want nothing more than to have a girl approach them and want a piece of them...

-----------------

Mara91: If you're in college, then it's easy. Go up to him after class and ask him if he understood what the professor said when he/she said [fill in the blank]. Then talk about that and then ask him if he'll study with you when he has some free time. If he doesn't accept, then he's not interested and I'm sorry but you'll have to try someone else. If he does accept your offer, then set up a time and exchange contact information. Then just make sure to look nice when you "study." After you're done studying (try to study for at least one hour), ask him if he wants to go out and do [fill in the blank]... Then you're in.

I actually had a girl do this to me once. She asked me for help in differential equations. We studied for an hour. Then she asked me if I wanted to go to the bar and get a beer...
todabeat
Walk up to him, tell him that you're studying human biology and that you've chosen him at random to help you with a long-term series of experiments of a very personal and intimate nature, but that you have to get the first set of results into class by tomorrow, so what's he doing tonight ?

Simples !

P.S. I never actually tried this approach myself ... Laughing

hahahahahaha

i would say that times are changing and if you like the man go for it. i know some of my buddies like when a girl approches.

BUT, there is a difference if he thinks you are HOT or PRETTY.
tingkagol
All guys like to be approached by women. Think about what it does to their ego. But it's not a guarantee that he'll like you. If I were approached, I'd be flattered, but I'd also automatically think the girl's overly aggressive- so her chances go kaput.

But all in all I guess it all boils down to how the girl carries herself when introducing herself to you. And, unfortunately, good looks always play a BIG part on first impressions.
natilovesmike
Well, you just think he is hot, but you don't actually know him...and you really need to know him to start any kind of relationship and see if you like how he is as a person as well. So, yeah I would say you need to go talk to him. Just make up some excuse to talk with him...ask him if he is taking a class you are not taking...and ask him how the class is because you would be interested in taking it but are trying to get some feedback from students who already took it or are in it right now. That way you can start talking with him...and then every time you cross him you can say hi...and hopefully this will lead to more talks....
apple
make contact, you don't have to walk up to him to establish your presence. you can walk past where he is sitting, stand where he has to pass so you are sure he sees you. then after a couple times of him seeing you just say hello when hes passing and nothing else. that way you have established presence.
is the guy single (I hope so)?

If he is you can always observe him (NOT STALK) and find out what he likes ask him to a movie or something, not alone at first but with a group.

let me share a story of mine...

I went to a soccer game and the place was packed out. So through the crowd I see this cute guy and I suddenly decided I needed a drink. I was sure to walk right past him and as thought he stopped me and asked my name. I smiled and told him if he'd wait for me to pass back I'd tell him. He waited (LOL).
So I told him my name and we exchanged numbers, we dated for quite some time after that (until I got bored).

Anyway, my point it. Establish presence and talk to him.
apple
crackhead101 wrote:
listn guys just wanna have sex so its not gunna be hard to get in his pant just go up to him and be like i wanna ****** and trust me hell be allll over you unless your ugly and fat and your a floppy bitch but other than that most guys will ****** as many girls as he can hope that helped

you are one of the most insensitive people I have come across on this site.
not all guys think with their 'second head'.
priyank
best thing to do is ask your friend it would be better if you male good friend
ask him to be a friend with him
and then some how you intro your self to him and start from there

going stright to him is really bad idea Smile
zacky
apple wrote:
crackhead101 wrote:
listn guys just wanna have sex so its not gunna be hard to get in his pant just go up to him and be like i wanna ****** and trust me hell be allll over you unless your ugly and fat and your a floppy bitch but other than that most guys will ****** as many girls as he can hope that helped

you are one of the most insensitive people I have come across on this site.
not all guys think with their 'second head'.

yeah Apple, i really do agree with you. I don't like the way he post here. Even in my latest post about "letting go", all things that he said was all about sex or what so ever. Hey dude(crackhead), please do not post anything if you can't help. I was not reply to your comments last time on my post coz i get offended...
apple
zacky wrote:

yeah Apple, i really do agree with you. I don't like the way he post here. Even in my latest post about "letting go", all things that he said was all about sex or what so ever. Hey dude(crackhead), please do not post anything if you can't help. I was not reply to your comments last time on my post coz i get offended...

he has to be really young and immature or old and unwise.
thankfully this is the internet and if I don't want to deal with his attitude I can simply logout.
zacky imagine if it were real life!!! Shocked
zacky
apple wrote:
zacky wrote:

he has to be really young and immature or old and unwise.
thankfully this is the internet and if I don't want to deal with his attitude I can simply logout.
zacky imagine if it were real life!!! Shocked

yeah i get your point. Well I hope he read our posts and take it as a lesson that this is decent forum and not about some non-sense things. People posts here because they want some help (although some are inventors) and not to get pointless ideas.. peace.. hehehe...
Jamestf347
Probably never a good idea to chase after a guy. Guys usually feel it instinctively and since they prefer to do the chasing usually may not be as interested. If you really want to get close to him, you probably need to find out whether you have friends in common and see if someone can introduce you to him, in a spontaneous environment. Another way could be to find out which courses he is taking, and see whether you could enrol for one of the courses, or attend a class you are interested in, that he is attending, casually. Who knows, when you see him up close, you may not even like him.

While that is not a bad idea, get to know him before, most relatioships that are based on just looks most likely fall apart.
macky
try to be friends with him as much as possible nothing will happen.. it is the best way to do...