FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Places to Visit

dezzin01
Silent Valley National Park: A dense rain forest and the habitat of rare species 80 km from Palakkad India. It is popularly known as the evergreen forest and noted for its eerie silence because of the lack of cicadas. It is an important biosphere reserve in the Western Ghats and home of the tribal people. The valley is known for the rare Lion-Tailed Macaque. This National Park is a protected area for tigers also.

Heap of rice straw, usually seen in front of houses in Palakkad district. Nelliyampathi Known as the Ooty of Kerala, Nelliampathy, about 80 km from Palakkad, is a hill station in the Nelliampathy forest ranges. This forest range constitutes a series of ridges cut off from one another by valleys of dark evergreen forests. Pothundy Dam Around 35 km from Palakkad town, Pothundy Dam is situated on the way to Nelliyampathi hills. The hill area to Nelliyampathy hills starts from Pothundy Dam. People visiting Nelliyampathi use to stop here to enjoy the beauty of the Dam as well to relax during their long journey to Nelliyampathi hills. Anamudi The highest peak in the district. The area has coffee and tea plantations.

A typical fence made of bamboo usually seen in villages of the Palakkad district. Attappady Attappady is an extensive mountain valley above the crest of the Ghat ranges, with several rivulets of the river Bhavani. The area is dominated by tribal people. Punarjani Guha The Punarjani Guha is a natural tunnel 15 meters long in the rocky cliff. It is 2 km from the Thiruvilwamala Temple and the chief presiding deity is Sri Rama. The idol is believed to be ‘swayambhoo’, i.e. born on its own. It is believed that performing ‘noozhal’ -- crawling through the tunnel from one end to the other -- will wash away all of one’s sins and thus bring about rebirth. Only men are allowed to do the ‘noozhal’: women may only visit the cave. This ritual is practised on only one day per year, on Guruvayur Ekadashi.

Killikkurussimangalam This small village is the birthplace of the famous Malayalam satire poet and founder of the Ottamthullal art form, Kunchan Nambiar. The home of the greatest Koodiyattam maestro and authority of abhinaya Natyacharya Vidushakaratnam, Padma Shri Guru Mani Madhava Chakyar, is also here. Kanhirapuzha Dam This dam feeds almost half the agricultural land of the district. It supplies water to such places as Mannarkkad, Ottappalam and Shoranur, and is the biggest dam built with soil in Kerala. There is a garden in front of the dam.
babarus
Europe -> : Romania :->
guggs
Tring is truly awesome. Come visit us and see for yourself ... you will never leave.
adrianagg58
I love Paris! I would visit this place again many times and never get tired of visiting it. Boo hoo! Boo hoo! Boo hoo!
deanhills
adrianagg58 wrote:
I love Paris! I would visit this place again many times and never get tired of visiting it. Boo hoo! Boo hoo! Boo hoo!
Rome has this effect on me, it is a bit expensive to stay in the Hotels there, but there is just something in the city that resonates with me. Paris does not have the same effect on me. I found myself getting lost all the time as the streets are anything but straight, and the French do seem to get hot under the collar quite easy. Now and then I would come upon motorists actually getting out of their cars and shouting at one another. What was fun to me in Rome is noting the many dents in the Fiats and how close they are parked behind one another in the streets.
wellerchap
guggs wrote:
Tring is truly awesome. Come visit us and see for yourself ... you will never leave.

Very Happy
ocalhoun
wellerchap wrote:
guggs wrote:

Very Happy

Now that's creepy. Shocked
*promises to self that I will turn around if I ever see a sign like that.*
wellerchap
It's an imaginary village, set in the north of England, and is the base for a really dark, bizarre English comedy series called "A League Of Gentlemen".
It's one of my favourite programmes...very funny (if you have a strange sense of humour) and features all sorts of hideous characters based on the nuances of real people.
"Royston Vasey" is the real name of a blue comedian, very big in Britain, called Roy "Chubby" Brown.
The real irony for me is that the village I live in is called "Royston" , and yes.......we have some oddball characters here, too Shocked

My 2 favourite characters, owners of the "Local Shop", and prepetrators of the murders of anyone who enters their shop that's not "local".

locksmith
Garda, Italy. Garda lake, swimming in lake is so much better than swimming in the osean. Clean place, Stunning wiews, friendly people, nice weather. What else you need? Cool
dapopeyoh
I would really like to visit Italy. I really love Italian food. I once went to an Italian restaurant and the food was delicious. Since then, I've always liked Italian restaurants. And also because my favourite football team is Ac Milan. I would like to watch them live at the San Siro.
daredninja
Italy is fantastic! I spent a few days this summer on Lake Como and it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited!

And you are right there is nothing quite like Italian food.

Juventus >> AC Milan Smile
macky
want to go to NEW YORK! NEW YORK! Wink
mshafiq
Let me get your suggestion.
Where should I go China or Taiwan or Hong Kong.
The objective is to see electronics market and some security systems.
As I might look into starting a business of security systems.
The objective is providing custom solutions to the security conscious people in India, Pakistan etc.

So please suggest me if it good.
I can live in Pakistan too.
Therefore let me know if it is better to establish the business in Pakistan.

The problem is some advanced techniques/equipment may not be available over there.

Anyway, please leave some comments.
deanhills
mshafiq wrote:
Let me get your suggestion.
Where should I go China or Taiwan or Hong Kong.
The objective is to see electronics market and some security systems.
As I might look into starting a business of security systems.
The objective is providing custom solutions to the security conscious people in India, Pakistan etc.

So please suggest me if it good.
I can live in Pakistan too.
Therefore let me know if it is better to establish the business in Pakistan.

The problem is some advanced techniques/equipment may not be available over there.

Anyway, please leave some comments.
For ideas I would go to Johannesburg, South Africa. It has one of the highest crime rates in the world, and since South Africa is quite sophisticated in anything to do with electronics, you would find a wide variety of electronic security solutions. I also won't base myself in India or Pakistan, but rather work on partnerships or electronically through the Web. As far as I know, and others from India and Pakistan would be able to correct me here, businesses like that would be entrenched in India and Pakistan, and unless you have very close family links there, you may get lots of opposition.
menino
China would be a good option for security systems, but you have to research a bit over there, as there are plenty of companies that make security devices, but only a few are good and reliable.
About bringing them to Pakistan, I really would not know on this, as I'm not aware of the customs procedures, and tariffs, or taxes imposed on them.
But it is possible... there are many companies in CHina that deal with many companies all over the world for this, and even white label it, so that it has the logos of your company.
The only problem, is that they might not come down to give the training, as one of my friends had that issue, and asked me to read the manual and test the equipment for him.
portoskt
if someone of you guys are going to europe, dont miss south of croatian coast during summer... i think it is hard to find better place for summer vacation in all europe... enjoy
deanhills
portoskt wrote:
if someone of you guys are going to europe, dont miss south of croatian coast during summer... i think it is hard to find better place for summer vacation in all europe... enjoy
I've heard the same, and should try it out. Which resort can you recommend? I'm looking for one of those hots springs type spa with sulfur in it. Does one get those around there? Smile
Cliffer
many places are good to visit.
HenryDamiani
Best Places to be visited in the World are:
1. New York
2. Rome
3. Spain
4. Egypt
5. Italy.
silverdown
I recently wanted to go visit france or germany not sure why but maybe one day I will, I have to figure get over the fear of taking a plane.... dont do to welll with heights ....
deanhills
silverdown wrote:
I recently wanted to go visit france or germany not sure why but maybe one day I will, I have to figure get over the fear of taking a plane.... dont do to welll with heights ....
Fortunately the US is so enormous, you don't really need to visit anywhere. I'd go to Florida and check out the the Disney World Epcot Centre. If you have not already done that. Must be one of the most fantastic education sites in the world. My favourites of the world pavilions are Canada, China, France and Mexico.
airh3ad
i haven't been to Ireland but i'd love to go there someday. i've been so inspired with a movie i've seen a year ago. all those violet hills and huge lakes and green pastures and high cliffs over-looking the vast ocean? such a dreamy place. my girlfriend agrees on me with this and if there's gonna be an offer to work there, i'd gladly grab it. even if it means being away from my loved ones. it will be worth the while. Wink
FastDebrid
adrianagg58 wrote:

Me too. Smile
deanhills
I don't have the same attachment to Paris. All of those little roads that go round and round and ROUND just to confuse you. And Parisiennes who get agitated very fast. Think Rome is much more my kind of city.
hwcorp
Vietnam with Ha Long Bay, Nha Trang Bay and many many other beautiful place to visit
FastDebrid
deanhills wrote:
I don't have the same attachment to Paris. All of those little roads that go round and round and ROUND just to confuse you. And Parisiennes who get agitated very fast. Think Rome is much more my kind of city.

What about Greece?
LegendVPN
India is a place I'd like to visit along with Greece.
SpitsBeaT
I've visited the Jiuzhaigou Valley at Sichuan (Chengdu), China. Great place to be at, especially during the October period (it's cooling, good for long walks and sight-seeing). One of the most beautiful sights I've seen!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiuzhaigou_Valley

You could visit the Panda nursery at Sichuan too!
deanhills
SpitsBeaT wrote:
You could visit the Panda nursery at Sichuan too!
That has to be cute .... Twisted Evil
therimalaya
"Chisapani", Near Shivapuri Kathmandu, NEPAL
lfgoroz
I'd like to visit Antarctica. Just me. We must preserve these ecosystems to human action. Rolling Eyes
weed
Love to travell all around the world but money matters here
pravojednostavno
I would like visit London
mikeperhem1
Destin florida ...visit once you 'll agree with me
mikeperhem1
Florida is the best place to visit as there are exotic beaches and much more that attracts tourists.
mikeperhem1
There are a lot of travel places But you can't go which place we will tell you, For that you have to take care of many conditions like financial condition or how to go there.

According to me the best placesis:
Switzerland
Washington
Hong Kong
London
Florida
Singapore
New York
California
mikeperhem1
The best places for travelling are :
Newyork