FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New rank after Elite Frihoster ... suggestions?

deanhills
Should we be thinking about a new rank after Elite Frihoster? Always good to have something to strive for, and right now there is no goal after 7,500. Would 10,000 be a good number for the next rank?

Suggestions:
Frihost Myriad
(myriad=10,000)
Frihost Maestro
Frihost Super Ace
Bondings
I guess we still have some time before this happens. I don't like Frihost Maestro though, it looks like a credit card rank.

Anyway, a reasonable custom name for everyone who gets over 10.000 posts is also fine for me.
AftershockVibe
I'd have gone with Frihost legend or something similar. Custom names are of course far preferable.

Based on my current posting rate since registration, I calculate I will get to 10,000 posts in...
uhh...
36 years!!!!
Ghost Rider103
This is crazy, 7,500 posts is outrageous.

I think we should start putting hidden ranks without telling the community what they are and at what posts you get them at.

I personally think it would be much more fun to work towards a rank you don't know what it's called, looks like, or if it's even there at all. Would be much more rewarding in my opinion.
mOrpheuS
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I personally think it would be much more fun to work towards a rank you don't know what it's called, looks like, or if it's even there at all. Would be much more rewarding in my opinion.

That is, until one member gets there first and spoils the suspense for the rest. Laughing
Ghost Rider103
Very true. But him and possibly Deanhills will be the only ones to get them for a long time. Then by the time anyone else comes and gets them, they will have forgotten.
ocalhoun
... Could just make one for 1 million, and consider it settled ^.^
deanhills
@ghostrider. Maybe there is also the option of resetting the number to "0". Like you would for an old and used car when there is a limitation on the digits Laughing . And then perhaps distinguish it with something like:

Reborn Frihoster (0 to 7500 postings)
Reborn Frihoster II (0 to 7500 postings)
Reborn Frihoster III (0 to 7500 postings)

Instead of "I" one could use special graphic symbols like stars. Laughing

Frihost dollars would continue however from where it started when we first joined Frihost. Would be nice to see if we could become Frihost millionnaires one day in the far distant future. Smile
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
@ghostrider. Maybe there is also the option of resetting the number to "0". Like you would for an old and used car when there is a limitation on the digits Laughing . And then perhaps distinguish it with something like:

Newborn member II 0
Frihost Wannabe II 50
Junior Frihoster II 100
Adolescent Frihoster II 200
Frihoster II 400
Senior Frihoster II 1000
Frihost Sage II 3000
Elite Frihoster II 7500

Round after that would be III ..... Instead of "II" one could also use special graphic symbols like stars.

Frihost dollars would continue however from where it started when we first joined Frihost. Would be nice to see if we could become Frihost millionnaires one day in the far distant future. Smile

The first few of the 'II' would go very quickly for people accustomed to extremely high post volumes...
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:

The first few of the 'II' would go very quickly for people accustomed to extremely high post volumes...

Right! I have edited the posting:

Quote:
Reborn Frihoster (0 to 7500 postings)
Reborn Frihoster II (0 to 7500 postings)
Reborn Frihoster III (0 to 7500 postings)

Smile

I understand where Ghostrider is coming from, but my motivation in posting in overall is getting to the Frihost 1-million mark. To get to that mark, it would probably be good to put a number of incentives along the road. Ranks are one of them and we probably don't need to add to them right now, will take a while before the Elite Frihoster Rank will be populated by more than one Frihoster. Posting counters such as we have are also motivators. Competitions that are being planned I am certain will also up the numbers.

Is it my imagination, but it would seem that there are more non-registered visitors visiting Frihost. Usually when I am posting on my own, there are 50-80 non-registered visitors, but lately it has progressed to 100. Hope that will increase the number of new subscribers and number of postings.
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:

Is it my imagination, but it would seem that there are more non-registered visitors visiting Frihost. Usually when I am posting on my own, there are 50-80 non-registered visitors, but lately it has progressed to 100. Hope that will increase the number of new subscribers and number of postings.

That's where most of the ad revenues come from ^.^