FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you look for in a Relationship

Ryox
I am kinda stuck on this one.

I just want some advice on what I should do when trying to find the right girl, in a relationship way.

My hobbies and personality can sometimes break a relationship up because I'm more of a Indoor guy and girl's do not like that.

and plus that, I am not from around this state I am living in so I am clueless on where the hell to go xD;
[FuN]goku
Personally.. any relationship I've held for a long amount of time, usually starts, by me randomly (and I mean random), seeing a girl in the hallway at school, and I don't me randomly selecting a girl, I mean, I'll be walking in the hall one day... And notice a girl I never did before, or if I have noticed them before, there just seems to be something different about them. So it's some sort of attraction. And what happens is, I won't be able to stop thinking about them.

Anyways, after I "notice" them, I'll usually attempt to find out things about her (Who she actually is, Where she's from. Any siblings? Past exes.), from that point, I'm usually more conscious whenever she's around in the hallway. And eventually I'll ask them out. First girl I did this with with, we lasted 8 months (woulda been longer, but... other stuff takes priority over girls sometimes :/ ). But when i couldn't stop thinking about her initially, this lasted about 6 months... which was a bad 6 months of me being to shy to go and ask her out. (Fear of rejection sucks... Thank god I'm finally over it.)

While I've "noticed" random girls in the hallway on many occasions, obviously I'm not going to attempt to ask out every girl that i see this with. So I end up waiting about 3 days to a week... and If I stop thinking about them , then I usually don't bother trying.

Actually, this very thing has been happening to me lately.. And it's been about a week, so.. I think I'll probably end up asking the girl out eventually. Just gotta get to know her a bit better.

But, to answer your question, What do "I" look for in a girl?
-Should be some degree of physical attraction.
-Should like me for who I am, and vice versa.
-Hair Styles (Don't even ask rofl... I'm obsessed with hairstyles girls, and my own)
-How social are they? (Though I seem to have a tendency to pick out the quiet ones.... they usually end up being the most interesting)
-Age (Should be at least within 3 years of my age. Can be 3 years older, just not younger.)
-Maturity (Don't really want to date someone who has the intelligence of an 8 year old Wink )

Meh.. That's just personal opinion, and what's happened to me.

But, I'm kinda like you mentioned "Indoor guy". But usually if I'm trying to get to know the girl, I try to get out as much as possible, and socialize.

I'm likely omitting something from this post..... but... I'm too tired to think if I have or not haha.
I think I'll go get some sleep now.
Afaceinthematrix
How old are you? I do not want to get married until I'm at least thirty - minimally. I do not really see why people like getting married so young. It just adds extra responsibility to your life and ends your youthful days...

At my age all I care about is getting drunk and getting laid, so I should look for women that care about the same things and are not looking for a commitment. That's one of the biggest failures that you can achieve in a relationship. If you're looking for something serious then look for someone who wants something serious. If you're looking for something casual, then look for someone who wants something casual.

It's pretty obvious that you should look for someone with the same values and that has similar interests. But remember, it's equally important that your girlfriend/boyfriend has the same level of commitment to the relationship.
deanhills
Ryox wrote:
I am kinda stuck on this one.

I just want some advice on what I should do when trying to find the right girl, in a relationship way.

My hobbies and personality can sometimes break a relationship up because I'm more of a Indoor guy and girl's do not like that.

and plus that, I am not from around this state I am living in so I am clueless on where the hell to go xD;
Maybe you are thinking too much. Why not just relax and enjoy yourself. Rather than looking at girls as objects of a relationship, maybe just learn to chat with them and see if you enjoy their company. Relationships usually happen to you when you least expect them to. And usually when you are relaxed and enjoying the people you are with. When you are focussing on relationships in the abstract by overthinking them, you may be creating tension in yourself with unrealistic conditions and expectations and miss out as a consequence on the real people in your life. Just chill and enjoy, and I am sure all of it will fit into place.
Ryox
When I start going to school again because I'll be outgoing I want to make friends and possible a Relationship with a girl, but I heard bad things about this high-school I am going to, so I want to be ready to take action.
macky
it will just came along... you don't have to wait... God will always give us who is the person for all of us