FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Where would you go If you were homeless?

Ryox
=Topic Title says it all xD=

Well, I just like starting topics and asking what people think, I give my idea's too Razz

If I was homeless personally, I would go to where it's warm and not dangerious,
Nameless
Home.

WAIT.

Alright so I'd probably hide in my parent's backyard.
[FuN]goku
Probably find a way to Ontario, and live with my Mom or something.
BigGeek
Since I'm unemployed defaulting on my mortgage and running out of money, the thought has crossed my mind a lot lately. I've considered packing up a few things, some firearms and ammo, generator, tent, sleeping bags, cook gear, basically the long list of essentials, and not much else, having yard sales, and advertise to sell off anything that I can't really keep, and then heading off into the Colorado mountians and just blow this crap off, go camping from place to place amd hang out in small towns and resort places to work enough to pick up a few bucks, keep my laptop and free website and hang out in internet cafes and where ever I can get power for the laptop, and blog and campout and give up on working for a living. It sucks, I've mounted a massive job search, I had 3 interviews so far this week, applying to at least 1 job a day, sometimes 20 to 30, just depends what comes up in my field, interview after interview, and no offers. Belive me, I've thought about what a joke this all is, and considered packing it in, and living like a bum out of my truck, scumming internet access when I can, what do you think?
Ryox
BigGeek wrote:
Since I'm unemployed defaulting on my mortgage and running out of money, the thought has crossed my mind a lot lately. I've considered packing up a few things, some firearms and ammo, generator, tent, sleeping bags, cook gear, basically the long list of essentials, and not much else, having yard sales, and advertise to sell off anything that I can't really keep, and then heading off into the Colorado mountians and just blow this crap off, go camping from place to place amd hang out in small towns and resort places to work enough to pick up a few bucks, keep my laptop and free website and hang out in internet cafes and where ever I can get power for the laptop, and blog and campout and give up on working for a living. It sucks, I've mounted a massive job search, I had 3 interviews so far this week, applying to at least 1 job a day, sometimes 20 to 30, just depends what comes up in my field, interview after interview, and no offers. Belive me, I've thought about what a joke this all is, and considered packing it in, and living like a bum out of my truck, scumming internet access when I can, what do you think?

Really depends on if you want to do it, If you want to than sure.
soljarag
I would go and live out in the woods....

or stay with relatives..
ocalhoun
First of all, go South.
Dakota winters are not a good place to be homeless in.

I think I would perpetually travel. Perhaps I could achieve my old goal of walking around the world...
Hm, if that happened, I'd better get a passport before going homeless, or crossing borders might be difficult with no home address or home phone number to list.

Or maybe I would just go work for food as a ranch hand...
deanhills
Definitely Vancouver, BC and Stanley Park. The community there is relatively safe and a caring one. One would be able to find at least a muffin and coffee from some of the coffee places in the morning, and there are plenty of volunteer organizations catering food for the homeless at night. I have been totally intrigued too with all the innovations of shopping trolleys with umbrellas and the like. But yes, I probably would be travelling too, Vancouver Mainland is quite big, lots of places to disappear in.
saratdear
Since I am leaving with my parents currently, and have no way to support myself...try to go wherever I find some friends or relatives who can support me for sometime. But I can't impose myself on them for quite a long time, so I will have to find a way to earn my living. Whoo..scary! Very Happy
ankitdatashn
Ahh what a good topic, I wonder at time how creative people can be...

Okay so coming to the topic, well I divided this topic to 2 parts, i.e. getting homeless by fate and forcibly getting homeless. For the former case I could not do much about it, and if it happened I would have left myself to God, because if I dont have money, guidance etc I would be driven by what strangers and situations taught me.

Now coming to the latter case, in this case if I brought money with me after running away from the house I would prefer going to a lonely place, a valley area would do. Make a temporary shelter close to a stream and a fruit bearing tree. ahh I could smell the stream and the mud....
jabce85
somewhere that I could get a job
Ghost900
BigGeek wrote:

That almost sounds like an exiting adventure. I have thought it would be fun to do that for awhile but I think I would want a home to come back to.

I am not sure where I would go, I would leave Minnesota though, way to cold to be homeless.
Ghost Rider103
BigGeek wrote:

If you're unemployed and broke, this actually might be a really good idea.

If you really did sell everything and just went out and started camping and blogged about it everyday when going to a cafe or something, I think you could actually get a huge blog going.

I've never followed anyones blog before. But if you were going to sell everything you owned and were going to set out on foot, that would be one blog I would be following.
deanhills
BigGeek reminds me of my cousin in the United States. About a decade ago he got rid of most of his stuff and became a long-haul truck driver, criss crossing West to East and back and also going South. He is basically living in those enormous Volvo trucks with the little cabin behind the driver compartment. He says it was a huge relief to get rid of everything, and really fantastic to be on the move all the time. Total life change. Different version of being homeless!
Denvis
If I got kicked out by parents with no money clothes (except the ones i'm wearing) or food i'd probably crash a mates place and stay until I find a way to get my own place.
Insanity
Would probably crash at a friends for a while until I get back on my feet. Depending on where I am, I might switch between my friends and my family. I'd look for a job first thing though, no matter how little it pays as long as I can get some money for myself to survive on.
Helios
Well, I can always sleep in the office or at my friend's house Razz
Unless of course losing my job was the reason I've become homeless in the first place.
In that case, the lost-it-all case, I'd probably spend some nights in local parks, while during the day I'd be looking for a low-level job (or multiple ones) - you can ALWAYS find those, so no giving up here.
Things like cleaning, working at a petrol station etc...

In case you can't do any physical work due to various reasons, and you've lost everything, well then the only thing you can do is begging. That's how it goes, sadly.
carlospro7
I guess if I could I would go to my parents. Hopefully, if that were to happen, I have good friends that could help me out in that situation.
standready
the gutter or a friend's place. Would not matter. Survive!

@BigGeek: I hope all works out for you.
Baka_Desu
If i had no money and no home i would go my cousins place, if i had no home and at least $10,000 USD i would go Japan and look for my aunts and uncles
ocalhoun
Baka_Desu wrote:
if i had no home and at least $10,000 USD

Then you'd probably spend the $10,000 on keeping your home for a while longer...
todabeat
soljarag wrote:
I would go and live out in the woods....

or stay with relatives..

i would go with birdman and lil wayne to their neck of the woods....
get it???

hahaha... sorry. Crying or Very sad
driftingfe3s
When I was young I always thought I'd just steal and live off that untill I got caught. Then I'd live in prison where they give you food and a place to stay!

Then I got older and found out that you get raped in prison. That's kind of out of the question cuase I don't want to get violated but a 200 pound guy in the showers. So I think now I would try to live with friends untill I could get back on my feet.
missdixy
Probably home (to my mom's) in Texas.
If not an option...then maybe join the military or something. Very Happy
missdixy
driftingfe3s wrote:
Then I got older and found out that you get raped in prison. That's kind of out of the question cuase I don't want to get violated but a 200 pound guy in the showers. So I think now I would try to live with friends untill I could get back on my feet.

You know, when I was younger I used to kinda think the same thing haha. And I've often wondered if a big part of why guards let things like rape & beatings go on in prison and why the government doesn't crack down on it more/punish people for it more etc is because they KNOW that that's what's keeping a whole lot of people from committing a crime just to have a roof and a meal.
czarulit
If I got homeless unexpectedly I would probably go to my godmother or maybe grandparents (now I am 17 years old). Someone would took me under their roof. Things would be different if for example I were getting insolvent for some time (I would be at lest 30). In this case I would do my best to find some accomodation. But if I were unable to find any, I don't know what would I do.
lanalhueairsoft
ir a casita!! Very Happy
natilovesmike
well, I would probably do the opossitte....if I were homeless I would roam around the world and explore the most weird places...I guess if I survive being homeless I would survive some other dangers as well.
jigoku05
If I'm homeless I would live under a bridge or be a bum in Hollywood begging stars for alms. That's if I can go to America lol!
Vrythramax
I work with the homeless on a daily basis and you would be surprised at just how ingenius they are at finding shelter...especially now during the winter months. It's actually very shocking at the *lack* of available shelter and transitional housing in the United States at this time. For instance, in the city where I live there are NO overnight shelters in operation.

The windchill factor where I live was -10F degrees last night...people die from exposure in weather like that.
Djfatalm
Hmm if I was homeless? Lol I would most likely go buy a 40 oz. Beer just to look homeless even tho that stuff tastes like rotten piss with sprite in it, and I'd most likely live under the bridge with the oh so famous grouch from the sesame st. Series from PBS lol.
Aredon
Go live behind ihop with my laptop. Food, Internet, maybe a box. All I need in the world. Laughing I'm kidding of course. All jokes aside I guess I'd be in the shelter until I got back on my feet. I'd definitely be a lot more motivated to find a job!
nigam
if ill be homeless, ill definitely asked donations then ill save it....that money will used to buy clothes and shoes and look for a job to pay for my shelter and basic needs of course...
paskifire
Stay with relatives and look for a job. Very Happy
watersoul
I was homeless and slept rough for 5 months many years ago, it wasn't a pleasant experience but it opened my eyes to a "hidden society" of people in that same boat.
The key issue for me was security and finding a place to feel safe enough to close my eyes to sleep. I chose solitude and declined offers of a floor in a squat/abandoned building because the offers were always from crack/smack heads who I couldn't trust enough. I was already in a bad situation but didn't wanna wake up with my stuff stolen - or worse, not wake up
Roundabout bushes/trees/undergrowth on major roads (I think you call them rotary's in the US - my sat-nav's sexy female American voice calls them that anyway!) were my first choice of location. No-one walks past them as its cars only all around, you can sleep longer without the police moving you on, and my kit was safe to be hidden there...the more overgrown the better.
My second choice was under railway bridges but up in the supports/beams above ground or above the river it crossed - again, safe from being beaten up while asleep.

My homeless experience was extremely difficult but one of the best life lessons I've ever had, and at a good early age (16) to set me up for later years. I'm glad I walked that path because I truly appreciate everything I have now, and totally understand the issues I'd have to face if that ever looked like happening again...although my backpack is a little bit more prepared than it was all those years ago
watersoul
My homeless period was Jan-May so it was pretty cold at the start. My shelter amongst bushes and trees had a floor base made of 2 wooden forklift pallets with 1 inch thick polystyrene packing sheets, plus a roof of large plastic sheeting. All of this I got from a nearby building site after explaining my situation to a couple of friendly workers.
Due to the location of my camp I couldn't get away with lighting a proper fire due to the smoke, so "heating" was essentially wearing 3 layers of clothing (all my clothes) and huddling in my sleeping bag. Luckily it only ever drops to just below freezing here so that worked for me, albeit not the most comfortable of existence.

Thanks to unemployment benefit, my situation was better than some as I was fortunate to have a daily rate of nearly 4.00 to buy food. Using this I bought a hexamine stove and fuel (hardly any smoke with them) plus an old fashioned kettle and steel water can (I did fill this as well with boiling water sometimes to use as a hot water-bottle in my "bed")
I have to say that the welfare money made the difference between an absolutely miserable hungry time and eating quite well, so my stomach was satisfied enough I must admit. I was also lucky to be near a field where the farmer had left a crop of swedes for animal grazing/fodder, so yep, I had a fair bit of swede soup as well

Daytimes were mostly spent in a public library, amazing place where you can keep warm, access toilets, and immerse yourself in knowledge as a distraction from the downsides of being homeless.
I also managed the occasional free shower at the local leisure centre/swimming pool changing rooms - only every few days though, so as not to attract attention from the reception staff.

The main difficulty of getting off the streets was "no home = no job", and with the price of a single rented room then being 50 per week it took a long time to save a few pounds from my "food" money until I had enough for a weeks rent & deposit. Once I got my room I started with the usual kitchen work and "climbing back up the ladder" was pretty easy after that - including a degree at university years later Very Happy
deanhills
@watersoul. Awesome story. Amazing what one can do with so little when you have to. I'm curious however, as most people have at least something in terms of worldly possessions when they become homeless, and it would appear that you had nothing at all. Did this happen as a consequence of a natural disaster?
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
@watersoul. Awesome story. Amazing what one can do with so little when you have to. I'm curious however, as most people have at least something in terms of worldly possessions when they become homeless, and it would appear that you had nothing at all. Did this happen as a consequence of a natural disaster?

Ah, no, I was just a confused scared 16 yr old runaway who didn't plan as well as I perhaps wish I could have.
I actually left with a backpack containing 3 pairs of jeans, a few t-shirts, a jacket, and my ID.
Not the best move I've ever made in my life, but curiously in retrospect, also the best move I ever made in my life. The path I walked shaped me as all paths do, and I appreciate so much of my relatively rich life in comparison now.

Smile
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
Ah, no, I was just a confused scared 16 yr old runaway who didn't plan as well as I perhaps wish I could have.
I actually left with a backpack containing 3 pairs of jeans, a few t-shirts, a jacket, and my ID.
Not the best move I've ever made in my life, but curiously in retrospect, also the best move I ever made in my life. The path I walked shaped me as all paths do, and I appreciate so much of my relatively rich life in comparison now. Smile
Very gutsy and admirable. Mostly one would associate homeless with the hopeless and people who have given up on society. Yours was quite gutsy with lots of initiative for starting fresh.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
Very gutsy and admirable. Mostly one would associate homeless with the hopeless and people who have given up on society. Yours was quite gutsy with lots of initiative for starting fresh.

Cheers fella, but my story is a common one really, there are many temporary "short-term" homeless people around at any given time. Circumstances forcing them into a situation that they will work hard to escape from, and if they're strong or lucky enough they will.

...you just don't notice them much on mainstream street though because they're the ones trying not to look homeless.
PokerHeaven231
If I we're homeless I would first go rob a store, then rob a bank, then a fast food restraunt, then a old lady, then taco bell, then I would well build a cave with a bunch of rocks, after I build the cave I will hide there for weeks, then move into a old british castle, I will live there for Two months. After that I will ride on the back of a rocket all the way to the moon and build a secret tunnel to the center of the moon and live there untill I die.
crimson_aria
If I were homeless, I'd go to a friend. I know they have space for me even for just a few days until I sort things out on where to go. haha
the-guide
With my relatives, my best friend otherwise Temple! But I hope it's not true! Laughing
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Cheers fella, but my story is a common one really, there are many temporary "short-term" homeless people around at any given time. Circumstances forcing them into a situation that they will work hard to escape from, and if they're strong or lucky enough they will.

...you just don't notice them much on mainstream street though because they're the ones trying not to look homeless.
I think I've noticed a number of people from the Philippines being semi-homeless living in enormous cramped conditions in Dubai. I bump into them in the wash rooms and public areas where they do their ablutions. I don't know how they do it, as their outward appearances are always impeccable and well groomed. I have visited a couple of "communes" like that in Dubai, a two-bedroomed flat divided up for providing accommodation for 12 people for example, not a spare inch to move in. People who do not have jobs arrive on visitors' visas and live from hand to mouth basically. The jobs they are able to get are usually jobs that other people don't want, with employers who are very harsh and unfair. Lots of hardship, and not everyone gets to make it. They really work hard to make their lucky breaks.
watersoul
Vrythramax wrote:
I work with the homeless on a daily basis and you would be surprised at just how ingenius they are at finding shelter...especially now during the winter months. It's actually very shocking at the *lack* of available shelter and transitional housing in the United States at this time. For instance, in the city where I live there are NO overnight shelters in operation.

The windchill factor where I live was -10F degrees last night...people die from exposure in weather like that.

Same for me as well, I work with people who are sleeping on their friends sofa's, people sleeping on the streets and/or the small number folk at hostels in my region. It's a pretty flexible role though, and there are some people a little too far from the office but not wanting to reveal their camp/shelter location, so I'll use my car & laptop as an office then.
McDonalds drive-thru's usually serve as the place to park up, and yes, I usually get the client a cheeseburger n fries...never forgotton my own experiences in the past, and no matter what professional hat I'm supposed to have on, I'm still just another human being behind that ID card.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
watersoul wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I think I've noticed a number of people from the Philippines being semi-homeless living in enormous cramped conditions in Dubai. I bump into them in the wash rooms and public areas where they do their ablutions. I don't know how they do it, as their outward appearances are always impeccable and well groomed. I have visited a couple of "communes" like that in Dubai, a two-bedroomed flat divided up for providing accommodation for 12 people for example, not a spare inch to move in. People who do not have jobs arrive on visitors' visas and live from hand to mouth basically. The jobs they are able to get are usually jobs that other people don't want, with employers who are very harsh and unfair. Lots of hardship, and not everyone gets to make it. They really work hard to make their lucky breaks.

Interesting story, again showing elements of that huge "hidden & secret" homeless/semi homeless section of all our societies. If there are free public toilets/washrooms available somewhere then it's amazing how "non-homeless" you can appear if you try.
"Homeless" extends to a lot of zones though (sleeping on friends sofa's/squat houses/in a car or van/primitive shelter/blanket on the street), and there are many more than the people we actually see. This would also include all the people living in difficult overcrowded conditions where that single bed/mattress "is" your home.

Similar thing here in the UK, but more visible with folk from Poland or the Czech Rep.
Many lazy Brits here criticise them with "they took arr jobs!" comments etc, but these people do the hard/dirty/smelly/cold/hot/unpleasant jobs that many men born here won't do. The EU gives the right of residence here but they can't get the automatic cash benefit/welfare that a Brit can so they work damn hard in the horrible jobs my own countrymen won't do.
I've been in 1 bedroom flats/apartments with 12 Poles living there...the lounge/living room became the second bedroom, each containing 3 bunk beds.
They keep their costs down this way and send money back home to their families.

Who can blame them? If Britain was poorer than Poland and I could speak Polish I'd probably do the same. It's legal and fills the minimum wage jobs that Brits won't do because of the welfare system we have here.

It's curious though, how the people I hear moaning about Eastern EU migrant workers most, are usually the ones who are too lazy to get off welfare and do those dirty jobs themselves Rolling Eyes
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
Many lazy Brits here criticise them with "they took arr jobs!" comments etc, but these people do the hard/dirty/smelly/cold/hot/unpleasant jobs that many men born here won't do. The EU gives the right of residence here but they can't get the automatic cash benefit/welfare that a Brit can so they work damn hard in the horrible jobs my own countrymen won't do.
I've been in 1 bedroom flats/apartments with 12 Poles living there...the lounge/living room became the second bedroom, each containing 3 bunk beds.
Totally agreed in Canada as well. I from time to time talked to a Filipino lady who was a part-time sales person in a Health Store, no doubt working for a very low salary. She was holding down three jobs. She started with part-time jobs, the ones that no one wanted, and really did well in those, then one of her part-time jobs in the Vancouver municipality led to a permanent position. Yet she could not let go of her other jobs. She virtually worked around the clock. Her work ethic and positive mental attitude were very much admired. By reputation in Vancouver, BC, Filipino people are very highly regarded. I like the way how families would club together and make all spare cash count immediately, by buying real estate as soon as they can.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:
watersoul wrote:
Totally agreed in Canada as well. I from time to time talked to a Filipino lady who was a part-time sales person in a Health Store, no doubt working for a very low salary. She was holding down three jobs. She started with part-time jobs, the ones that no one wanted, and really did well in those, then one of her part-time jobs in the Vancouver municipality led to a permanent position. Yet she could not let go of her other jobs. She virtually worked around the clock. Her work ethic and positive mental attitude were very much admired. By reputation in Vancouver, BC, Filipino people are very highly regarded. I like the way how families would club together and make all spare cash count immediately, by buying real estate as soon as they can.

Agree, and sometimes I wonder how much our "advanced" societies could learn from many others.
Radar
I don't know. I guess I'd start trying to find secluded places that no one went to or cared about.

Abandoned buildings would mke a good start. Possibly hard to find, but hey, surely being homeless would give you a lot of extra time, and a lot of extra motivation to find a place.
welshsteve
back to the fmaily of some sort until i sorted myself out
TurtleShell
I have friends I could stay with if I were really homeless. There are a number of things that would need to happen before I'd end up completely on my own and in the streets. My partner and kid would have to disappear or decide to get rid of me. My parents would need to forsake me (or I would need to forsake them), and my brother, my high school friends, my friend in London (who has once or twice offered me his couch anyway), my grandpa, my aunt and uncle...

But if I were really on my own, because I turned my back on everyone or they turned their back on me (or a combination), I'm already in Southern California, so I'm not sure I could be in a better location to be homeless.

I like to think I could get a job as a waitress, eventually find a place to live and get myself out of the hole. I've always imagined, however, that it would be difficult to get a job while homeless. no shower, no bed to sleep in, how do you recoup at the end of the day? And how do you hold down a job if you can't clean yourself?
apple
watersoul, thank you for sharing, I needed that.

Of the many experiences in my life I have never been homeless.
As I read this I am reminded of that Will Smith movie, 'The Pursuit of Happyness'
Should I find myself homeless one day I would try not to let it break my spirit.
I live on an island in the Caribbean so thankfully there would be no winters to endure. I'd try my best to stay clean and productive. Use the washroom in the mall when I could for a 'bath' etc.

When I first read this topic I thought I had an idea of how I'd handle and now that I am back to post I realize that I don't know what I'd do. The only thing I am sure about is that I would try to get out of it.
furtasacra
I'm not technically homeless, but I'm underemployed and so broke my utilities got turned off and I can't stay in my house... so I'm temporarily living with an old friend. We've known each other over 20 years so we're practically family.
risahe
I think I will go to the place where all the Season like spring and there are many flowers, such as chinese Kunming
Shadowninja7194
Ryox wrote:
=Topic Title says it all xD=

Well, I just like starting topics and asking what people think, I give my idea's too Razz

If I was homeless personally, I would go to where it's warm and not dangerious,

same, and actully i was in that situation i would have to let myself go a LONG...way.
Shadowninja7194
[quote="apple"]watersoul, thank you for sharing, I needed that.

Of the many experiences in my life I have never been homeless.
As I read this I am reminded of that Will Smith movie, 'The Pursuit of Happyness'
Should I find myself homeless one day I would try not to let it break my spirit.
I live on an island in the Caribbean so thankfully there would be no winters to endure. I'd try my best to stay clean and productive. Use the washroom in the mall when I could for a 'bath' etc.

When I first read this topic I thought I had an idea of how I'd handle and now that I am back to post I realize that I don't know what I'd do. The only thing I am sure about is that I would try to get out of it.[/quote

couldnt say it any better.
taytay
If I couldn't crash with friends or family while i sought a job an new place to live, or got kicked out because I Couldn't find a place to live or a job and they finally got fed up with me, I would join the army.. If they didn't accept me, I would take my stab at a truck driver. If that fails me, I know a company in Downtown Fort worth I used to work at that would hire me, if not a minimum wage grunt job, as a salesman. They wouldn't have to worry about me, except that I motivate myself enough to visit other companies to sell product. If all other methods off mooching, government funded living, and mountain man adventuring failed me, I would sneakingly steal from wal-mart and convenient stores while I continued my search for a job Anywhere doing Anything, until I got caught and thrown in jail. At that point I would give up all hope and do what it took to just barely stay in jail. It would be a sucky life, But hey, Working plumbing, Promised meals and warmish place to sleep. I'd be able to use my spare time working out to defend myself, With the hopes of getting a job as a construction worker or something that requires strength each time I was released from jail. I would even attempt to sorrow neighborhood associations or individual households as letting me do their gardening. Keeping weeds and stuff out of their yard, trimming bushes by hand plucking. I would find a way to survive One way or another. Whether it would be good living, fair living, or just Barely living, I would make it.
downntheholler
I was homeless from June of 97 to Aug. of 99...I did live in my car as well as in a tent, and went to Arizona were it was warm...stayed in the flagstaff and Prescott area during the warm months as it was cooler...when it got cold I went to the southwest Quartzsite
In the National Forest you had areas you could camp free, not the type with hook ups.. you had to dodge the Rangers as you could only stay in and area 2 weeks to 30 days...then you had to leave the National forest...there were many areas like Lynx Lake that had water/power/toilets. So I could fill up my 5 gallon water jug and have use of the toilets...Showers were from a camp shower bag that I found was better to heat water on a camp stove and fill, rather than wait for the sun to do it.

Dry camping was in order as ice was to much and did not last long...so it was canned goods and a can opener..lots of tuna and beans...you could get 2 to 3 cans for a dollar...as well as Peanut butter Sandwich, lots of noddles also at 15 to 25 cents a pack.
I had a number of part time jobs to give me enough money for gas for long trips and auto repairs...and saved most all I could, I also prospected while there for some gold and did get some cash from that but not much.
Had my car broken into and stuff stolen, it was the only safe lock it up type place I had for things but still a target...one guy tried to break in while i was in the car sleeping...its funny now how surprised he was when I yelled out and got out.
It was like and adventure...and I know from that experience I could do it again easy enough if I had to.
Shadowninja7194
taytay wrote:
If I couldn't crash with friends or family while i sought a job an new place to live, or got kicked out because I Couldn't find a place to live or a job and they finally got fed up with me, I would join the army.. If they didn't accept me, I would take my stab at a truck driver. If that fails me, I know a company in Downtown Fort worth I used to work at that would hire me, if not a minimum wage grunt job, as a salesman. They wouldn't have to worry about me, except that I motivate myself enough to visit other companies to sell product. If all other methods off mooching, government funded living, and mountain man adventuring failed me, I would sneakingly steal from wal-mart and convenient stores while I continued my search for a job Anywhere doing Anything, until I got caught and thrown in jail. At that point I would give up all hope and do what it took to just barely stay in jail. It would be a sucky life, But hey, Working plumbing, Promised meals and warmish place to sleep. I'd be able to use my spare time working out to defend myself, With the hopes of getting a job as a construction worker or something that requires strength each time I was released from jail. I would even attempt to sorrow neighborhood associations or individual households as letting me do their gardening. Keeping weeds and stuff out of their yard, trimming bushes by hand plucking. I would find a way to survive One way or another. Whether it would be good living, fair living, or just Barely living, I would make it.

....i was just about to say that lol. ./agree tay

And to change my other reply on this thread, i think i i was homeless would find a place to stay with a friend. Get my life back on track and cook my friends dinner.

PS..good hunting in hON Wink
guissmo
I'd probably go to my university. It's an open university (sometimes being open makes it dangerous) but I usually pass by some homeless people taking a bath near our building. Of course, as discreet as they can. But nevertheless, a school's sort of a good place to take shelter in.

Or probably a fast food chain. Most of them don't mind patrons not eating. Most just chill and the employees avoid telling them to get out to avoid conflict.
deanhills
guissmo wrote:
Or probably a fast food chain. Most of them don't mind patrons not eating. Most just chill and the employees avoid telling them to get out to avoid conflict.
Right, as long as they are clean and blend in. If it is a coffee bar it may be offputting to customers if the smell is overwhelming. I'm now referring to a category of homeless who make a deliberate choice to be homeless, and have not had a cleaning for a while, or slept somewhere that attached a bad smell to them.
apple
I still have no idea how I would handle being suddenly homeless. To make the idea worse is I have a child.
The experiences shared in this topic has been eye opening for me and I thank you all for it.
goutha
Well, if I was a homeless I guess I'll go out in the streets...
granvals
I do not know,I think I would go to bustates,or go visting.
sudipbanerjee
If I become homeless I would go to the Himalayas ans stay there as a monk.
deanhills
sudipbanerjee wrote:
If I become homeless I would go to the Himalayas ans stay there as a monk.
That's a good one Smile Actually, I like this idea. Except of course it may cost money to get there though. But maybe the Himalayas are not that far from where you live?
paul_indo
If I was homeless I'd go to YOUR home, so you'd better watch out. Laughing Laughing