FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FarmVille: How Do YOu Know If You're an Addict?

angfrayle
IN a previous poll on FarmVille, some people mentioned that the game is addicting. How do you know if you are already a FarmVille addict?
QrafTee
angfrayle wrote:
IN a previous poll on FarmVille, some people mentioned that the game is addicting. How do you know if you are already a FarmVille addict?
If you appear on my Live Feed page every single day with a lost cow, some flowers, some oil, etc. etc.... you're addicted.
mgeek
If after playing FarmVille you sleep and dream of Li'l House on the Prairie, you are addicted. Very Happy
Bondings
Here is a parody commercial about Farmville:

mgeek
Ha ha! That's a great commercial for FarmVille
angfrayle
mgeek wrote:
If after playing FarmVille you sleep and dream of Li'l House on the Prairie, you are addicted. Very Happy

Hmmmm.... But that is if you used to watch it as a kid. Hey, how old are you?
angfrayle
Bondings wrote:
Here is a parody commercial about Farmville:

That's a good video. I wonder whether there are others like it but more positive towards FarmVille
angfrayle
I play FarmVille but I make sure that I plant only those seeds that will allow me to keep away from the game at two or three days at a stretch. I can't have the farm always in my browser.
angfrayle
Diablosblizz
You know you play to much when:

jigoku05
When your'e creating threads about farmville on frihost forum or any other forum nonstop.
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:

Hey, that's good stuff!
mgeek
Diablosblizz wrote:
You know you play to much when:

Hmmmm.... an admission on a Facebook profile page.
amperx
no one can possible be addicted to that game, i think
mgeek
You are addicted to FarmVille if you are using this for your ringtone Very Happy

paskifire
You're considered as an addict if you talk about harvesting, planting, etc wherever you are Very Happy
mgeek
paskifire wrote:
You're considered as an addict if you talk about harvesting, planting, etc wherever you are Very Happy

I know some people who are like that. The first time I heard people talking about "a farm" and about the need to "harvest", I thought that they were farmers of some kind. And then, I learned about FarmVille. Man, I thought it was funny!
spinout
hm, what do you do more than just farming?
mgeek
I saw this YouTube video. I thought it was relevant to the discussion about FarmVille addiction

angfrayle
mgeek wrote:
I saw this YouTube video. I thought it was relevant to the discussion about FarmVille addiction

I think not only teenagers suffer from this disease. I know of middle aged people who arrange their lives around harvests.
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:

I think not only teenagers suffer from this disease. I know of middle aged people who arrange their lives around harvests.

LOL. I get your point.
paskifire
mgeek wrote:
paskifire wrote:

I know some people who are like that. The first time I heard people talking about "a farm" and about the need to "harvest", I thought that they were farmers of some kind. And then, I learned about FarmVille. Man, I thought it was funny!

They even talk inside the office from which they are employed. Very Happy They talk about harvesting crops even though they're call center agents and doctors. lol. Laughing
mgeek
Here is a video created by a certain kaptiankt on Farmville

angfrayle
I think one of the reasons why people are "addicted" to FarmVille is that the programmers of the game know how to make it sticky. Right now they have some more new limited editions that serve as a come on to players who have -- like me -- temporarily left the game. I missed the Valentines and Chinese New Year period but was dragged back into the game because of the white grapes.
mgeek
angfrayle wrote:
I think one of the reasons why people are "addicted" to FarmVille is that the programmers of the game know how to make it sticky. Right now they have some more new limited editions that serve as a come on to players who have -- like me -- temporarily left the game. I missed the Valentines and Chinese New Year period but was dragged back into the game because of the white grapes.

Definitely. They now have some new items for St. Patrick's. I am waiting for the release of the dogs.
guissmo
I don't even want to try this game just because it might totally affect my life.
And I'm starting too late compared to most of my friends. I just might not enjoy it like others do. Smile
angfrayle
Definitely. They now have some new items for St. Patrick's. I am waiting for the release of the dogs.[/quote]

I just finished building my Maison. I like the gold collections for St. patrick's.
Starrfoxx
When you spend hours upon hours on the game, send emails to friends/family of cool stuff to get them to play, and you just HAVE to log on to take care of that farm. My mother-in-law is an addict. It kind of reminds me of the original Sims game.
mgeek
Starrfoxx wrote:
When you spend hours upon hours on the game, send emails to friends/family of cool stuff to get them to play, and you just HAVE to log on to take care of that farm. My mother-in-law is an addict. It kind of reminds me of the original Sims game.

Women are prone to get addicted to the game I think, although I know of some friends who have inhibited themselves from it.
mgeek
By the way, the dogs are out! Very Happy
rayxzero
Is it really that addicting because my officemate playing it while working on office. Surprised
mgeek
rayxzero wrote:
Is it really that addicting because my officemate playing it while working on office. Surprised

Right now a lot of Farmville players are up to their necks in new features: the puppies are there, then there is a new building to construct with friends, and there is also co-op farming. Other games are trying to imitate these features.
drackon
You know when you're an addict after you find yourself wondering from "i wonder how i did on that test?" to "OMG! How are my plants doing if i'm not by their side 24/7??? Also, if you find yourself wasting hours, buying the biggest land you can, and taking forever to plow,plant and etc. And also if you spend money on gas for your tractors and other small things. TIP: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! i guarentee you'll get bored of Farmville in a few months at most... atleast i did...along with everyone i know...
mgeek
drackon wrote:
You know when you're an addict after you find yourself wondering from "i wonder how i did on that test?" to "OMG! How are my plants doing if i'm not by their side 24/7??? Also, if you find yourself wasting hours, buying the biggest land you can, and taking forever to plow,plant and etc. And also if you spend money on gas for your tractors and other small things. TIP: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! i guarentee you'll get bored of Farmville in a few months at most... atleast i did...along with everyone i know...

True true ... There are a lot of new features, but it does get boring.
wombatrpgs
New "features" don't really matter if the gameplay is identical anyway... Which is why I never understood the concept behind new content sorts of things. The game becomes boring when the gameplay becomes boring, not when the player is out of content.
Covert-Waffles
You know you are addicted when you go out to dinner with your friends, and they start to plan a co-farming night with each other >_>
mgeek
Covert-Waffles wrote:
You know you are addicted when you go out to dinner with your friends, and they start to plan a co-farming night with each other >_>

Ho Ho! Right on!
wombatrpgs
Actually, seems strange looking back on this, I've never known people really addicted to farmville, more obsessed. Whereas with more standard videogames it's easier to see people eating up 8-9 hours of their life with that sort of stuff.
mgeek
wombatrpgs wrote:
Whereas with more standard videogames it's easier to see people eating up 8-9 hours of their life with that sort of stuff.

Are you saying that FarmVille addicts are not really that addicted compared to video game players? If so, you may have a point there.